* [dpdk-dev] Which tests are compulsory to PASS for Patch to be accepted
@ 2020-05-27 20:13 Muhammad Bilal
From: Muhammad Bilal @ 2020-05-27 20:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

Recently I have submitted patches and some tests were failing on patchwork.
My question is, which tests are compulsory to pass for a patch to be accepted.
As in the below mentioned patch, it is accepted while 1 test was still failing.
http://patches.dpdk.org/patch/70348/

kind regards.
Muhammad Bilal

* Re: [dpdk-dev] Which tests are compulsory to PASS for Patch to be accepted
@ 2020-05-27 20:59 ` Stephen Hemminger
From: Stephen Hemminger @ 2020-05-27 20:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Muhammad Bilal; +Cc: dev

On Thu, 28 May 2020 01:13:27 +0500
Muhammad Bilal <m.bilal@emumba.com> wrote:

> Recently I have submitted patches and some tests were failing on patchwork.
> My question is, which tests are compulsory to pass for a patch to be accepted.
> As in the below mentioned patch, it is accepted while 1 test was still failing.
> http://patches.dpdk.org/patch/70348/
>
> kind regards.
> Muhammad Bilal

There are two different issues:
  1. A patch should not get blamed for some failure in the CI infrastructure.
     Or collataral damage from an earlier merge.
  2. A patch must not introduce a failure. I.e. if all tests passed before
     each patch in a patchset must pass.

* Re: [dpdk-dev] Which tests are compulsory to PASS for Patch to be accepted
@ 2020-06-02 11:42   ` Muhammad Bilal
From: Muhammad Bilal @ 2020-06-02 11:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Hemminger; +Cc: dev

Thank you for your response.
How will we know if a patch is failing because of some failure in the
CI infrastructure or due to earlier merge?