From: Kamraan Nasim <knasim@sidebandnetworks.com>
To: Bruce Richardson <bruce.richardson@intel.com>
Cc: dev@dpdk.org, Ean Houts <ehouts@sidebandnetworks.com>,
	Jun Du <jdu@sidebandnetworks.com>
Subject: Re: [dpdk-dev] Does I210 NIC support Flow director filters?
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2015 16:59:17 -0500	[thread overview]

Many thanks Helin and Bruce :)

Now if 1Gb NICs don't support fdir filters then im wondering how would we
count the number of packets matching a filter.

Regular 5tuple filters don't have any stats similar to "fdirmatch"(in the
rte_eth_stats <http://dpdk.org/doc/api/structrte__eth__stats.html> struct).
One way I can think of is to use regular ibytes/ipackets stats for the
queue to which the packets are being redirected in the 5tuple filter but
this seems a bit hacky + there is no way to distinguish this packet
throughput from the regular traffic that the NIC is forwarding to that
specific queue.

Is there a way to EXCLUSIVELY bind a 5tuple filter to an RSS queue so that
only matched traffic is forwarded there?

--Kam