* [dpdk-dev] Question about librte_cmdline
@ 2014-11-14  8:52 Igor Ryzhov
From: Igor Ryzhov @ 2014-11-14  8:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

Hello.

Are there any docs with detailed description of cmdline library?
I found only some information in «DPDK Sample Apps» document, but it describes only a couple of features.

Best regards,
Igor Ryzhov

* Re: [dpdk-dev] Question about librte_cmdline
@ 2014-11-14 11:14 ` Olivier MATZ
From: Olivier MATZ @ 2014-11-14 11:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Igor Ryzhov, dev

Hi Igor,

Adding-back the list to the discussion, I removed it by mistake in my
first answer.

>> 14 нояб. 2014 г., в 12:20, Olivier MATZ <olivier.matz@6wind.com> написал(а):
>>
>> Hi Igor,
>>
>> On 11/14/2014 09:52 AM, Igor Ryzhov wrote:
>>> Are there any docs with detailed description of cmdline library?
>>> I found only some information in «DPDK Sample Apps» document, but it describes only a couple of features.
>>
>> In my knowledge, there is no such documentation.
>> You can also refer to testpmd that gives a lot of different commands.
>>
>> If you have any question, you can ask on the list.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Olivier
>
> Thank you, I’ll check testpmd.
>
> At the moment I have a question - is there a possibility to have optional tokens in one command?
>
> For example:

> 	object add name IP
> 	object del name
>
> And the question is - can I have just one context instruction for this? Something like that:
>
> Result struct:
>
> struct object_result {
> 	cmdline_fixed_string_t object;
> 	cmdline_fixed_string_t cmd;
> 	cmdline_fixed_string_t name;
> 	cmdline_ipaddr_t ip;			// I need it optional - only for «add» case
> }
>
> And tokens:
>
> cmdline_parse_token_string_t object =
> 	TOKEN_STRING_INITIALIZER(struct object_result, object, "object");
> cmdline_parse_token_string_t cmd =
> 	TOKEN_STRING_INITIALIZER(struct object_result, cmd, "add#del");
> cmdline_parse_token_string_t name =
> 	TOKEN_STRING_INITIALIZER(struct object_result, name, NULL);
> cmdline_parse_token_ipaddr_t ip =
> 	TOKEN_IPV4_INITIALIZER(struct object_result, ip, NULL);
>
> As I understand investigating the code of sample application - all tokens are required (because there are two different instructions - for «add» and for «del/show»).
> And in this example configuration there is no possibility for string «object del name» without last IP token.
> So I need to have two different context instructions - one for «add» and one for «del».
> Am I right?

Right, there is no way to declare an optional token in one instruction.
But if there are few case (ex: a "set" and a "show" intructions), you
can factorize the structure and the callback function. There is an
example in my latest TSO patch:
http://dpdk.org/ml/archives/dev/2014-November/007962.html

Regards,
Olivier

* Re: [dpdk-dev] Question about librte_cmdline
@ 2014-11-14 11:47   ` Igor Ryzhov
From: Igor Ryzhov @ 2014-11-14 11:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Olivier MATZ; +Cc: dev

Thank you.

That’s not a really big problem that we need it’s own structure for every command, but the lack of optional parameters is a problem.

For example:
	object add IP [port]

	it’s just one command, but we need two different structures - with and without «port»

Maybe I’ll work on it sometime later.