* [dpdk-dev] How to change the mbuf size
@ 2014-07-22  9:27 GongJinrong
From: GongJinrong @ 2014-07-22  9:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

Hi, guys

   I am using pmd driver to capture packets, the MTU is 8000, so I want to
change the dpdk memory block size to 8000, how can I do that?

Best Regards
John Gong

* Re: [dpdk-dev] How to change the mbuf size
@ 2014-07-22 14:41 ` Zhang, Helin
From: Zhang, Helin @ 2014-07-22 14:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: GongJinrong, dev

Hi John

No, you do not need to change the mbuf size, you just need to configure the maximum packet length and jumbo frame correctly.

Of cause, if you want to put the whole packet into a mbuf, you can define size of mbuf you wanted when calling rte_mempool_create() during initialization.

Regards,
Helin

@ 2014-07-23 10:04   ` GongJinrong
From: GongJinrong @ 2014-07-23 10:04 UTC (permalink / raw)