From: "Wiles, Keith" <keith.wiles@intel.com>
To: Ravi Rao <Ravi.Rao@us.fujitsu.com>
Cc: "dev@dpdk.org" <dev@dpdk.org>
Subject: Re: [dpdk-dev] New to DPDK
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2015 19:27:34 +0000	[thread overview]

Most people I guess use a Xeon CPU class MB with one or two sockets
running Linux with a supported NICs. I use a motherboard like the one
below running Ubuntu 12.04 with 12G RAM and the 82599 NICs. You can find
more supported NICs in the documentation and you need find the rest of the
parts :-) You do not need much disk space I have a 500G disk and you can
use less memory, but that is something you need to decide on.

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/motherboards/server-motherboards/ser
ver-board-w2600cr.html