* [dpdk-dev] 17.11.4 patches review and test (RC2)
@ 2018-08-25  1:18 Yongseok Koh
From: Yongseok Koh @ 2018-08-25  1:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dpdk stable; +Cc: dev

Hi all,

Here is a list of patches targeted for LTS release 17.11.4. Please help review
and test. The planned date for the final release is Aug 30. Before that, please
shout if anyone has objections with these patches being applied.

Also for the companies committed to running regression tests, please run the
tests and report any issue before the release date.

A release candidate tarball can be found at:

    https://dpdk.org/browse/dpdk-stable/tag/?id=v17.11.4-rc2

These patches are located at branch 17.11 of dpdk-stable repo:

    https://dpdk.org/browse/dpdk-stable/

Thanks,
Yongseok

---
Adrien Mazarguil (2):
      maintainers: update for Mellanox PMDs
      net/mlx4: fix minor resource leak during init

Ajit Khaparde (7):
      net/bnxt: fix HW Tx checksum offload check
      net/bnxt: fix set MTU
      net/bnxt: fix Rx ring count limitation
      net/bnxt: fix memory leaks in NVM commands
      net/bnxt: fix lock release on NVM write failure
      net/bnxt: check access denied for HWRM commands
      net/bnxt: fix RETA size

Alejandro Lucero (6):
      net/nfp: fix field initialization in Tx descriptor
      mem: add function for checking memsegs IOVAs addresses
      bus/pci: use IOVAs check when setting IOVA mode
      mem: use address hint for mapping hugepages
      net/nfp: check hugepages IOVAs based on DMA mask
      net/nfp: support IOVA VA mode

Alok Makhariya (1):
      bus/dpaa: fix phandle support for Linux 4.16

Anatoly Burakov (8):
      eal/linux: fix invalid syntax in interrupts
      eal/linux: fix uninitialized value
      test: fix EAL flags autotest on FreeBSD
      test: fix result printing
      test: fix code on report
      test: make autotest runner python 2/3 compliant
      test: print autotest categories
      test: improve filtering

Andrew Rybchenko (3):
      net/sfc: cut non VLAN ID bits from TCI
      net/sfc: fix assert in set multicast address list
      net/sfc: handle unknown L3 packet class in EF10 event parser

Andy Green (1):
      ring: fix sign conversion warning

Beilei Xing (3):
      net/i40e: fix shifts of 32-bit value
      net/i40e: fix packet type parsing with DDP
      net/i40e: fix setting TPID with AQ command

Bruce Richardson (2):
      examples/exception_path: fix out-of-bounds read
      mk: fix permissions when using make install

Chas Williams (2):
      net/bonding: always update bonding link status
      net/bonding: do not clear active slave count

Dan Gora (1):
      kni: fix crash with null name

Daria Kolistratova (1):
      net/ena: fix SIGFPE with 0 Rx queue

Dariusz Stojaczyk (1):
      eal: fix return codes on thread naming failure

David Marchand (1):
      net/bnxt: add missing ids in xstats

Drocula Lambda (1):
      kni: fix build on RHEL 7.5

Ferruh Yigit (2):
      kni: fix build with gcc 8.1
      net/thunderx: fix build with gcc optimization on

Fiona Trahe (1):
      crypto/qat: fix checks for 3GPP algo bit params

Gavin Hu (3):
      mk: fix cross build
      net/dpaa2: remove loop for unused pool entries
      maintainers: claim maintainership for ARM v7 and v8

Haiyue Wang (1):
      net/i40e: workaround performance degradation

Harry van Haaren (1):
      event: fix ring init failure handling

He Zhe (1):
      examples: fix strncpy error for GCC8

Hemant Agrawal (2):
      test/crypto: fix device id when stopping port
      bus/dpaa: fix buffer offset setting in FMAN

Hyong Youb Kim (2):
      net/enic: do not overwrite admin Tx queue limit
      net/enic: add devarg to specify ingress VLAN rewrite mode

Ido Goshen (1):
      net/pcap: fix multiple queues

Jananee Parthasarathy (1):
      mk: update targets for classified tests

Jay Ding (1):
      net/bnxt: check for invalid vNIC id

Jerin Jacob (2):
      ethdev: fix queue statistics mapping documentation
      eal: fix bitmap documentation

Kiran Kumar (2):
      net/bonding: fix MAC address reset
      net/thunderx: avoid sq door bell write on zero packet

Konstantin Ananyev (3):
      examples/ipsec-secgw: fix IPv4 checksum at Tx
      examples/ipsec-secgw: fix bypass rule processing
      app/testpmd: fix DCB config

Matan Azrad (1):
      net/tap: fix zeroed flow mask configurations

Maxime Coquelin (4):
      vhost: improve dirty pages logging performance
      vhost: fix missing increment of log cache count
      vhost: flush IOTLB cache on new mem table handling
      vhost: retranslate vring addr when memory table changes

Moti Haimovsky (2):
      net/mlx5: fix build with old kernels
      net/mlx4: check RSS queues number limitation

Nelio Laranjeiro (1):
      net/mlx5: fix TCI mask filter

Nikhil Rao (5):
      eventdev: fix port in Rx adapter internal function
      eventdev: fix missing update to Rx adaper WRR position
      eventdev: add event buffer flush in Rx adapter
      eventdev: fix internal port logic in Rx adapter
      eventdev: fix Rx SW adapter stop

Nithin Dabilpuram (1):
      app/testpmd: fix buffer leak in TM command

Ophir Munk (1):
      net/mlx5: fix secondary process resource leakage

Pablo de Lara (7):
      examples/l2fwd-crypto: fix digest with AEAD algo
      examples/l2fwd-crypto: check return value on IV size check
      examples/l2fwd-crypto: skip device not supporting operation
      test/hash: fix multiwriter with non consecutive cores
      test/hash: fix potential memory leak
      app/crypto-perf: fix auth IV offset
      hash: fix doxygen of return values

Pavan Nikhilesh (2):
      event/octeontx: remove unnecessary port start and stop
      net/octeontx: fix stop clearing Rx/Tx functions

Qi Zhang (1):
      vfio: fix PCI address comparison

Radu Nicolau (3):
      security: fix crash on destroy null session
      test: fix uninitialized port configuration
      net/bonding: fix race condition

Rafal Kozik (4):
      net/ena: fix GENMASK_ULL macro
      net/ena: set link speed as none
      net/ena: check pointer before memset
      net/ena: change memory type

Rahul Lakkireddy (2):
      net/cxgbe: fix init failure due to new flash parts
      net/cxgbe: fix Rx channel map and queue type

Rami Rosen (2):
      examples/l3fwd: remove useless include
      ethdev: fix a doxygen comment for port allocation

Rasesh Mody (10):
      net/qede: fix VF MTU update
      net/qede: remove primary MAC removal
      net/qede: fix for devargs
      net/qede: fix default extended VLAN offload config
      doc: update qede management firmware guide
      net/qede/base: fix GRC attention callback
      net/bnx2x: fix FW command timeout during stop
      net/bnx2x: fix poll link status
      net/qede/base: fix to clear HW indication
      net/bnx2x: fix to set device link status

Remy Horton (4):
      bitrate: add sanity check on parameters
      metrics: add check for invalid key
      metrics: do not fail silently when uninitialised
      metrics: disallow null as metric name

Reshma Pattan (2):
      test/flow_classify: fix return types
      mk: remove unnecessary test rules

Rosen Xu (1):
      examples/flow_filtering: add flow director config for i40e

Shahaf Shuler (1):
      net/mlx5: fix compilation for rdma-core v19

Shahed Shaikh (7):
      net/qede: fix link change event notification
      net/qede: fix legacy interrupt mode
      net/qede: fix incorrect link status update
      net/qede: fix unicast MAC address handling in VF
      net/qede: fix interrupt handler unregister
      net/qede: fix MAC address removal failure message
      net/qede: fix ntuple filter configuration

Shreyansh Jain (1):
      doc: fix bonding command in testpmd

Somnath Kotur (3):
      net/bnxt: fix to move a flow to a different queue
      net/bnxt: use correct flags during VLAN configuration
      net/bnxt: fix filter freeing

Thomas Monjalon (1):
      bus/dpaa: fix build

Tiwei Bie (1):
      vhost: release locks on RARP packet failure

Tomasz Duszynski (1):
      net/mvpp2: check pointer before using it

Wei Zhao (7):
      net/ixgbe: add support for VLAN in IP mode FDIR
      net/ixgbe: fix tunnel id format error for FDIR
      net/ixgbe: fix tunnel type set error for FDIR
      net/ixgbe: fix mask bits register set error for FDIR
      app/testpmd: fix VLAN TCI mask set error for FDIR
      net/i40e: fix check of flow director programming status
      net/i40e: revert fix of flow director check

Xiaoyun Li (1):
      net/i40e: fix link speed

Xueming Li (1):
      net/mlx5: fix crash in device probe

Yipeng Wang (3):
      hash: fix multiwriter lock memory allocation
      hash: fix a multi-writer race condition
      hash: fix key slot size accuracy

Yongseok Koh (9):
      net/mlx5: fix Rx buffer replenishment threshold
      net/mlx5: add missing sanity checks for Tx completion queue
      net/mlx5: fix assert for Tx completion queue count
      net/mlx5: fix queue rollback when starting device
      net/mlx5: fix error number handling
      net/mlx5: preserve promiscuous flag for flow isolation mode
      net/mlx5: preserve allmulticast flag for flow isolation mode
      net/mlx5: fix return value when deleting fdir filter

* Re: [dpdk-dev] 17.11.4 patches review and test (RC2)
@ 2018-08-27  8:48 ` Marco Varlese
From: Marco Varlese @ 2018-08-27  8:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yongseok Koh, dpdk stable; +Cc: dev

Hi,

On Fri, 2018-08-24 at 18:18 -0700, Yongseok Koh wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Here is a list of patches targeted for LTS release 17.11.4. Please help review
> and test. The planned date for the final release is Aug 30. Before that,
> please
> shout if anyone has objections with these patches being applied.
>
> Also for the companies committed to running regression tests, please run the
> tests and report any issue before the release date.
I retested -rc2 and things look good now.

> A release candidate tarball can be found at:
>
>     https://dpdk.org/browse/dpdk-stable/tag/?id=v17.11.4-rc2
>
> These patches are located at branch 17.11 of dpdk-stable repo:
>
>     https://dpdk.org/browse/dpdk-stable/
>

> Thanks,
> Yongseok
Cheers,
Marco

@ 2018-08-30  9:53 ` Raslan Darawsheh
From: Raslan Darawsheh @ 2018-08-30  9:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yongseok Koh, dpdk stable; +Cc: dev

Hi,

We've tested this version on our machines and seems to be OK we don't have any new issues there.

Kindest regards,
Raslan Darawsheh

Here is a list of patches targeted for LTS release 17.11.4. Please help review and test. The planned date for the final release is Aug 30. Before that, please shout if anyone has objections with these patches being applied.

Also for the companies committed to running regression tests, please run the tests and report any issue before the release date.

A release candidate tarball can be found at:

    https://emea01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdpdk.org%2Fbrowse%2Fdpdk-stable%2Ftag%2F%3Fid%3Dv17.11.4-rc2&amp;data=02%7C01%7Crasland%40mellanox.com%7C6dbc8834d24145121dfc08d60a28b7a0%7Ca652971c7d2e4d9ba6a4d149256f461b%7C0%7C0%7C636707567351583766&amp;sdata=yGPisB5LaSoJaR9mCBWe2zanIUal8saw62ytZwiWxKI%3D&amp;reserved=0

These patches are located at branch 17.11 of dpdk-stable repo:

    https://emea01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdpdk.org%2Fbrowse%2Fdpdk-stable%2F&amp;data=02%7C01%7Crasland%40mellanox.com%7C6dbc8834d24145121dfc08d60a28b7a0%7Ca652971c7d2e4d9ba6a4d149256f461b%7C0%7C0%7C636707567351583766&amp;sdata=NjcqjJWsycWlZG2eOhg4TSr757C8h5ZzxJFSs44IA%2BQ%3D&amp;reserved=0

Thanks,
Yongseok

---

@ 2018-08-30 20:12   ` Yongseok Koh
From: Yongseok Koh @ 2018-08-30 20:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Raslan Darawsheh, Marco Varlese; +Cc: dpdk stable, dev

Thank you, Raslan and Marco.

I also got 'okay' from one of RedHat teams.
The tests were mainly regarding VM/OVS-DPDK/vhost-user/PVP.
Although there's a performance issue, it wouldn't be a show stopper.

Is anyone else doing a test? AT&T?

Thanks,
Yongseok

@ 2018-08-31  1:38     ` Yongseok Koh
From: Yongseok Koh @ 2018-08-31  1:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dpdk stable; +Cc: dev

Hi, all

17.11.4 LTS is supposed to be released today but I'm still waiting for responses
from a few parties. I want to give them more time. No critical issues reported
yet though. No plan for RC3. Hope I can release it before this Sunday.

Apologies for any inconvenience.

Thanks,
Yongseok