* [dpdk-dev] pktgen: about x710 init error
@ 2018-08-18 11:58 Chengbo CB1 Gao
From: Chengbo CB1 Gao @ 2018-08-18 11:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev
  Cc: Jianqiang1 Lu, Feng Feng24 Liu, Yong Yong9 Chen,
	Shengwang SW4 Liu, Dong1 Wang (dong1.wang@intel.com),
	Tong Tong3 Li

Hi Team,

When I used PKTGEN by X710VF, I found that PKTGEN failed to be initialized. The reason is that VF has no ability to disable HW CRC strip. But it's defaulted to be disabled in PKTGEN because the global variable(hw_strip_crc) is set to 0 by default.
As we know PF can support to disable HW CRC strip. Can we add a function which can distinguish between PF and VF?

Thanks & Regards,
Chengbo Gao

* Re: [dpdk-dev] pktgen: about x710 init error
@ 2018-08-21 20:43 ` Wiles, Keith
From: Wiles, Keith @ 2018-08-21 20:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chengbo CB1 Gao
  Cc: dev, Jianqiang1 Lu, Feng Feng24 Liu, Yong Yong9 Chen,
	Shengwang SW4 Liu, Dong1 Wang (dong1.wang@intel.com),
	Tong Tong3 Li

> On Aug 18, 2018, at 6:58 AM, Chengbo CB1 Gao <gaocb1@lenovo.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Team,
>
> When I used PKTGEN by X710VF, I found that PKTGEN failed to be initialized. The reason is that VF has no ability to disable HW CRC strip. But it's defaulted to be disabled in PKTGEN because the global variable(hw_strip_crc) is set to 0 by default.
> As we know PF can support to disable HW CRC strip. Can we add a function which can distinguish between PF and VF?

If you look closer their is a command line flag to change the hw_strip_crc variable, just add or remove ‘--crc-strip’ from the command line.

> Thanks & Regards,
> Chengbo Gao

Regards,
Keith