* [dpdk-dev] Issues on FDIR and multi-processes
@ 2014-04-02 15:01 Mauro Annarumma
From: Mauro Annarumma @ 2014-04-02 15:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

Hi everyone,
we are working with Flow DIRector on a multiprocess application. This application consists of N secondary processes, each one receiving packets directly from its own queue on the NIC. It works fine when each secondary process runs on a different CPU core; instead, if we try to run two secondary processes on the same CPU core, these processes aren't able to read from their respectively queue.

Moreover we observe that one process initially receives same packet; then all the processes no longer receive anything.

Do you have any suggestion about these strange behaviour? Is it a DPDK limitation or a FDIR limitation?

Best regards.

Mauro