* Running DPDK on ARM on Mac w/ Apple Silicon?
@ 2023-07-30  8:49 Misha
From: Misha @ 2023-07-30  8:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

Guys
I apologize if this has already been asked before, but has anyone ever succeed in running DPDK on a Linux running within Parallels on a Mac with Apple Silicon?
We are a group of developers of a product which uses DPDK a lot, and on Linux boxes running in Intels we actually manage to run it successfully.
All of this is purely for testing of course. The real product runs on a real, physical x86_64 box, so we don't really care about actual performance.

I tried installing it on both DEB and RPM based distros while trying to use the virtio devices but it always fails...

I'm still trying on my own and I'm sure I'll manage somehow, but I just thought to save some time if someone already tried.

Thanks a lot in advance!
Misha.

* RE: Running DPDK on ARM on Mac w/ Apple Silicon?
@ 2023-07-31 21:26 ` Dharmik Jayesh Thakkar
From: Dharmik Jayesh Thakkar @ 2023-07-31 21:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Misha, dev; +Cc: nd, nd

Have you tried with docker container? I have run DPDK test suite on Mac w/ Apple Silicon with ubuntu docker container.

Thank you!
Best,
Dharmik Thakkar