From: "Zhang, Helin" <helin.zhang@intel.com>
To: Malveeka Tewari <malveeka@gmail.com>, "dev@dpdk.org" <dev@dpdk.org>
Subject: Re: [dpdk-dev] Maximum possible throughput with the KNI DPDK Application
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2014 01:01:42 +0000

Hi Malveeka

KNI is quite different from other DPDK applications, it is not for fast path forwarding. As it will pass the packets received in user space to kernel space, and possible the kernel stack. So don't expect too much higher performance. I think 7Gb/s might be a good enough data, what's your real use case of KNI?

> Has anyone achieved the 10Gb/s line rate with the KNI application?
> Any help would be greatly appreciated!
>
> Thanks!
> Malveeka

Regards,