* [dpdk-dev] test setup for l3fwd application running on VM
@ 2014-04-21  9:04 B Gopikrishna
From: B Gopikrishna @ 2014-04-21  9:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

Hi
I have the below setup and would like to check the l3fwd application running on VM

VM1                                 VM2(DPDK-L3fwd)                                VM3
vnic1 ------bridge1 --------vnic1             vnic2------bridge2--------vnic1

On VM1 -TCP client and, on VM3 -TCP server applications are running
The TCP client and server should communicate via the DPDK L3fwd application running on VM2.

I created a static arp entry on VM1 in order that the packets reach VM2 vnic1, and then the DPDK-L3fwd app would take care of forwarding the packets to VM2 vnic2, and further the packets reach VM3 vnic1

This is not working for me, please let me know if I need to do some additional steps in order to complete the flow.

All the vnic's are configured as e1000 drivers.

Regards
Gopi Krishna B
and any attachments. Thank you