DPDK patches and discussions
 help / color / mirror / Atom feed
From: Ferruh Yigit <ferruh.yigit@intel.com>
To: dev@dpdk.org
Cc: Thomas Monjalon <thomas@monjalon.net>
Subject: [dpdk-dev] DPDK Release Status Meeting 08/04/2021
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2021 11:43:32 +0100
Message-ID: <YG7eVGDtDNYDXXBf@silpixa00399752> (raw)

Release status meeting minutes {Date}
:Date: 08 April 2021

* Release Dates
* Subtrees
* Opens

* Arm
* Canonical
* Debian/Microsoft
* Intel
* Marvell
* Nvidia
* Red Hat

Release Dates

* `v21.05` dates
  - -rc1:           Thursday, 15 April
  - Release:        Friday, 14 May

* Please send roadmaps, preferably before beginning of the release
  - Thanks to `Marvell`, `Huawei hns3`, `Nvidia`, `Wangxun`, `Intel` and `Arm`
    for sending roadmap


* main
  - Locking review on thread patch by Microsoft
    ** https://patches.dpdk.org/project/dpdk/list/?series=16091
    ** May miss the release, need to find out the priority
  - Predictable RSS feature needs more review
    ** https://patches.dpdk.org/project/dpdk/list/?series=16139
  - David will work with Thomas on his new series
  - Reworked the windows symbol export list
    ** https://patches.dpdk.org/project/dpdk/list/?series=16138
    ** Better to apply it quickly
  - Reported a vhost TSO problem
    ** Patches sent to mail list by David
  - Thomas will work on -rc1 next week, reaming patches
    ** build system ones, especially Arm one
    ** raw/ioat, telemetry, pipeline, etc...

* next-net
  - Progressing, nothing critical, ~70 patches in backlog
  - ethdev library changes planned to be merged before -rc1
    ** There are some outstanding flow API patches
       *** Relying Ori's review for them
  - new PMD `ngbe` form Wangxun, planning to review this week
  - pulled from vendor trees yesterday
  - There is a testpmd multiprocess enable patch, please test it
    ** https://patches.dpdk.org/project/dpdk/list/?series=15953
  - Windows pcap enable patch has dependencies to main repo
    ** https://patches.dpdk.org/project/dpdk/list/?series=15839

* next-crypto
  - Some patches are merged, review going for others
  - "lookaside IPsec UDP encapsulation and transport mode" patch
    ** Konstantin reviewed
    ** Need to add a new packet type to mbuf
       *** Waiting for mbuf maintainer's ack
  - There are three sets under review
    ** "multiple cipher data-units" by Matan
       *** Can have more review, like from Intel?
    ** "raw data path dequeue API" change
       *** Looks good, can proceed if there is no objection
    ** mlx5 crypto PMD
       *** A new version is expected
           **** Will be sent as it is available, work is going on
  - "formalize key wrap method in API", by Matan, requires new version

* next-eventdev
  - "event vectorization" support merged
  - Intel dlb2, waiting for new version
  - Marvell CNXK may be postponed to -rc2
    ** Because of common code dependency
  - "eventdev crypto adapter" support, Abhinandan is reviewing

* next-virtio
  - Chenbo sent the pull request
  - Remaining patches will be considered for -rc2

* next-net-brcm
  - Ajit shared status offline:
    ** Not pending patches, there will be coverity fixes

* next-net-intel
  - Progressing

* next-net-mlx
  - ~40 patches on queue, progressing

* next-net-mrvl
  - a `qede` patch is waiting for release notes update
  - CNXK net driver may be pushed to -rc2
    ** because of the common code dependency which may be merged for -rc1
       *** A branch created for the main tree to pull
       *** Common driver merged to the prepared branch
       *** mempool driver is under review
       *** ethdev/eventdev drivers will be merged after them


* `v19.11` (next version is `v19.11.8`)
  - Waiting OvS people to confirm if their test scope extended to cover
    problematic build case to decide having an out of cycle `19.11.8-rc` or not

* `v20.11` (next version is `v20.11.2`)
  - Not much update at this stage


* There is a new security team member, working on security issues can continue
  after he ramped up

* Regular coverity scans are going on, and there are some coverity fixes
  already hit the mail list, please review/merge them

.DPDK Release Status Meetings
The DPDK Release Status Meeting is intended for DPDK Committers to discuss the
status of the master tree and sub-trees, and for project managers to track
progress or milestone dates.

The meeting occurs on every Thursdays at 8:30 UTC. on https://meet.jit.si/DPDK

If you wish to attend just send an email to
"John McNamara <john.mcnamara@intel.com>" for the invite.

                 reply	other threads:[~2021-04-08 10:43 UTC|newest]

Thread overview: [no followups] expand[flat|nested]  mbox.gz  Atom feed

Reply instructions:

You may reply publicly to this message via plain-text email
using any one of the following methods:

* Save the following mbox file, import it into your mail client,
  and reply-to-all from there: mbox

  Avoid top-posting and favor interleaved quoting:

* Reply using the --to, --cc, and --in-reply-to
  switches of git-send-email(1):

  git send-email \
    --in-reply-to=YG7eVGDtDNYDXXBf@silpixa00399752 \
    --to=ferruh.yigit@intel.com \
    --cc=dev@dpdk.org \
    --cc=thomas@monjalon.net \


* If your mail client supports setting the In-Reply-To header
  via mailto: links, try the mailto: link

DPDK patches and discussions

This inbox may be cloned and mirrored by anyone:

	git clone --mirror https://inbox.dpdk.org/dev/0 dev/git/0.git

	# If you have public-inbox 1.1+ installed, you may
	# initialize and index your mirror using the following commands:
	public-inbox-init -V2 dev dev/ https://inbox.dpdk.org/dev \
	public-inbox-index dev

Example config snippet for mirrors.
Newsgroup available over NNTP:

AGPL code for this site: git clone https://public-inbox.org/public-inbox.git