* [dpdk-dev] DPDK Release Status Meeting 21/07/2018
@ 2018-06-22 12:13 Mcnamara, John
From: Mcnamara, John @ 2018-06-22 12:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

DPDK Release Status Meeting 21/07/2018
======================================

Minutes from the weekly DPDK Release Status Meeting.

The DPDK Release Status Meeting is intended for DPDK Committers to discuss
the status of the master tree and sub-trees, and for project managers to
track progress or milestone dates.

The meeting occurs on Thursdays at 8:30 UTC. If you wish to attend just
send me and email and I will send you the invite.

Minutes 21 June 2018
--------------------

Agenda:

* Subtrees
* Bugzilla
* New website
* Reviewathon
* Dates

Participants:

* Intel
* Cavium
* Mellanox
* NXP
* 6Wind
* Broadcom

Subtrees
--------

*  Next-Net
   * Not many more patches from last week. Will review/merge more this week.
   * Removing old offload API. Help needed, Thomas offered.
   * Updating CRC offload and updating examples for offload checks in ethdev
     are more ethdev related work.

*  Next-Crypto
   * No new patches applied since last week.
   * Investigating compilation issue.
   * Will only be able to apply simpler patches until next week.

*  Next-virtio
   * No update.

*  Next-Eventdev
   * Issues with patches from Gage Eads @intel.

*  Next-Ip-pipeline
   * SofNIC patches will be merged through this tree.

*  Master -
   * Will review pending patches
   * Let Thomas know if there are priority patches for review.

Bugzilla
--------

* Ajit Khaparde from Broadcom volunteered to maintain Bugzilla.

* Main task will be to review incoming defects and make sure they are
  assigned to the right maintainer.

* We will review new bugs weekly at this call.

New Web Site
------------

* New DPDK website is available: https://www.dpdk.org/
* Many thanks to Thomas.
* Split in 2 entities. The first "main" for Marketing, Events and DPDK related
  projects. The second "core" for DPDK only.

* The "main" website:
  * Written in Wordpress - Managed by Linux Foundation.
  * Request changes on web@dpdk.org

* Core:
  * core.dpdk.org maintained by the community
  * DPDK Specific
  * No mention of other projects - even DTS
  * Managed as separate server
  * Hugo + Markdown
  * Need to update contributing guide to explain workflow
  * Looking for a volunteer to try this and write it up.

* All the URLs have changes - old URLs work with redirect. If not let Thomas
  know.

Reviewathon

18.08 Dates
-----------

* Integration deadline: June 29, 2018. Soon my pretties, soon.
* Release: August 1, 2018.

* [dpdk-dev] Reviewathon
@ 2018-06-26  9:04 ` Ferruh Yigit
From: Ferruh Yigit @ 2018-06-26  9:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev; +Cc: John McNamara

On 6/22/2018 1:13 PM, dev-bounces@dpdk.org wrote:
> DPDK Release Status Meeting 21/07/2018
> ======================================
>
> Minutes from the weekly DPDK Release Status Meeting.

<...>

> Reviewathon

As mentioned above this is planned for Tuesday 26th June.

The target is consume the patch backlog [1] as a community effort.

One thing we can think of is everybody attending review event join to dpdk irc
channel [1] which makes easier to communicate and reduces the communicating
related delay.

More comments are welcome for more efficient review event.

[1]
https://patches.dpdk.org/project/dpdk/list/

[2]
IRC freenode #dpdk-board
web client: https://webchat.freenode.net/

* Re: [dpdk-dev] Reviewathon
@ 2018-06-28  2:32   ` Dan Gora
From: Dan Gora @ 2018-06-28  2:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ferruh Yigit; +Cc: dev, John McNamara

Someone should add this IRC board to the dpdk.org website... I had no
idea it existed until this email.

@ 2018-06-28  8:59     ` Ferruh Yigit
From: Ferruh Yigit @ 2018-06-28  8:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dan Gora; +Cc: dev, John McNamara

On 6/28/2018 3:32 AM, Dan Gora wrote:
> Someone should add this IRC board to the dpdk.org website... I had no
> idea it existed until this email.

+1, a request sent [1] on web mail list [2].

[1]
https://mails.dpdk.org/archives/web/2018-June/000795.html

[2]
In case this is not known, there is a web mail list [a] to request webpage
updates, and a web repo [b] to sent patches to update some part of web page [c].

[b]: https://git.dpdk.org/tools/dpdk-web/
[c]: http://core.dpdk.org/