* [dpdk-dev] Minutes of Technical Board meeting 2020-09-09
@ 2020-09-10 7:54 Richardson, Bruce
0 siblings, 0 replies; only message in thread
From: Richardson, Bruce @ 2020-09-10 7:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
To: dev; +Cc: techboard
The technical board meetings takes place every second Wednesday on IRC channel #dpdk-board, at 3pm UTC. Meetings are public and DPDK community members are welcome to attend.
NOTE: Technical Board meetings for 2020-08-12 and 2020-08-26 were cancelled due to holidays in August.
#1 Reminder to all Techboard members to volunteer as moderators for session in the virtual DPDK Userspace event later this month.
#2 Requiring unit tests for contributions to DPDK:
* Discussion focused mainly on the areas of flow APIs and similar areas of DPDK which cannot be tested easily using "dpdk-test" unit test binary
* Concern was expressed about DTS usability, and lack of widespread use in developer community.
* Concern was also raised about mandating tests for features while DTS is in a separate repo from DPDK - and which uses a separate patch mailing list.
* **Action for all Techboard members**: Evaluate DTS to determine the usability pain-points and be able to discuss plan to improve it.
#3 Development of unit tests at UNH:
* Many of the same concerns raised as in previous discussion
* Flow APIs would be one area where more work would be needed
* Improvements to DTS itself was felt to be the highest priority initially
* Currently lacking specifics of tasks to be undertaken, this needs to be prepared before any work can start
* No volunteer from Techboard right now to take responsibility for directing that effort.
* **Action for all Techboard members**: members to attend the regular CI meetings whenever possible
* **Action**: Kevin to forward invite to all TB members (done)
#4 Request for Technical Writer to help with DPDK documentation:
* Spec for work was already started over email previously
* **Action**: Bruce to take existing discussion emails and begin document based on that.
Other items deferred for next meeting.
Next meeting will be on 2020-09-23, and will be chaired by Ferruh.
^ permalink raw reply [flat|nested] only message in thread
only message in thread, other threads:[~2020-09-10 7:54 UTC | newest]
Thread overview: (only message) (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2020-09-10 7:54 [dpdk-dev] Minutes of Technical Board meeting 2020-09-09 Richardson, Bruce
DPDK patches and discussions
This inbox may be cloned and mirrored by anyone:
git clone --mirror https://inbox.dpdk.org/dev/0 dev/git/0.git
# If you have public-inbox 1.1+ installed, you may
# initialize and index your mirror using the following commands:
public-inbox-init -V2 dev dev/ https://inbox.dpdk.org/dev \
Example config snippet for mirrors.
Newsgroup available over NNTP:
AGPL code for this site: git clone https://public-inbox.org/public-inbox.git