* [dpdk-dev] Coverity project created for dpdk-next-net tree
@ 2016-11-21 23:29 Ferruh Yigit
From: Ferruh Yigit @ 2016-11-21 23:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: DPDK, Yong Wang, John McNamara
  Cc: Adrien Mazarguil, Ajit Khaparde, Alejandro Lucero,
	Bruce Richardson, Declan Doherty, Evgeny Schemeilin,
	Ferruh Yigit, Harish Patil, Helin Zhang, Huawei Xie,
	Jakub Palider, Jan Medala, Jerin Jacob, Jing Chen, Jingjing Wu,
	John Daley, John W. Linville, Konstantin Ananyev, Maciej Czekaj,
	Matej Vido, Nelson Escobar, Netanel Belgazal,
	Nicolás Pernas Maradei, Rahul Lakkireddy, Rasesh Mody,
	Sony Chacko, Stephen Hurd, Tetsuya Mukawa, Wenzhuo Lu,
	Yuanhan Liu

Coverity project created for dpdk-next-net tree:
https://scan.coverity.com/projects/dpdk-next-net

This can be useful to fix coverity issues before next-net merged into
master branch.

Project is open for everyone to register and to get scan reports, there
will be regular scans for next-net tree.

Specially driver maintainers, please consider registering to the project
and checking your driver's defect status.
I believe there are some false positives, it is appreciated if you can
identify and mark them in coverity tool.

Thanks,
ferruh

PS: As a reminder, a coverity project already exists for main dpdk repo:
https://scan.coverity.com/projects/dpdk-data-plane-development-kit

* Re: [dpdk-dev] Coverity project created for dpdk-next-net tree
@ 2017-01-11 18:57 ` Ferruh Yigit
From: Ferruh Yigit @ 2017-01-11 18:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: DPDK

On 11/21/2016 11:29 PM, Ferruh Yigit wrote:
> Coverity project created for dpdk-next-net tree:
> https://scan.coverity.com/projects/dpdk-next-net
>
> This can be useful to fix coverity issues before next-net merged into
> master branch.
>
> Project is open for everyone to register and to get scan reports, there
> will be regular scans for next-net tree.
>
> Specially driver maintainers, please consider registering to the project
> and checking your driver's defect status.
> I believe there are some false positives, it is appreciated if you can
> identify and mark them in coverity tool.
>
> Thanks,
> ferruh
>
> PS: As a reminder, a coverity project already exists for main dpdk repo:
> https://scan.coverity.com/projects/dpdk-data-plane-development-kit

Reminder of the next-net coverity project.
Project kept up to date with new driver patches merged in.

Driver maintainers can check and fix issues introduced in next-net
before sub-tree merged into main tree.

Thanks,
ferruh

* Re: [dpdk-dev] Coverity project created for dpdk-next-net tree
@ 2017-02-17 11:08   ` Ferruh Yigit
From: Ferruh Yigit @ 2017-02-17 11:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: DPDK

On 1/11/2017 6:57 PM, Ferruh Yigit wrote:
> On 11/21/2016 11:29 PM, Ferruh Yigit wrote:
>> Coverity project created for dpdk-next-net tree:
>> https://scan.coverity.com/projects/dpdk-next-net
>>
>> This can be useful to fix coverity issues before next-net merged into
>> master branch.
>>
>> Project is open for everyone to register and to get scan reports, there
>> will be regular scans for next-net tree.
>>
>> Specially driver maintainers, please consider registering to the project
>> and checking your driver's defect status.
>> I believe there are some false positives, it is appreciated if you can
>> identify and mark them in coverity tool.
>>
>> PS: As a reminder, a coverity project already exists for main dpdk repo:
>> https://scan.coverity.com/projects/dpdk-data-plane-development-kit
>>

> Reminder of the next-net coverity project.
> Project kept up to date with new driver patches merged in.
>
> Driver maintainers can check and fix issues introduced in next-net
> before sub-tree merged into main tree.

A new coverity scan done for next-net tree for 17.02 release:
https://scan.coverity.com/projects/dpdk-next-net?tab=overview

Driver maintainers, please consider fixing existing defects before
adding more code into 17.05 release.

Thanks,
ferruh