On 7/28/2022 10:46 AM, Don Wallwork wrote: >>>> Let me try to give a trivial example of how it would work >>>> to make sure we're on the same page and then we can get >>>> back to details.. >>> Thanks you, Don. >>> Now it's perfectly clear what EAL should do and we can discuss API. >> I think this RFC is an excellent proposal! > > Thanks Morten and Dmitry. Great to hear that.  When we have a > patch ready, will post on the list. One question I'd like to ask before diving into the code is: if there is general application for this feature, is this something the memory system maintainers would prefer to implement or is it preferred that we provide a patch and get guidance from maintainers?  Either way is fine.