* [dpdk-dev] How about public rte flow lock API
@ 2021-04-06  9:32 fengchengwen
From: fengchengwen @ 2021-04-06  9:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: orika, Ferruh Yigit; +Cc: dev, humin29

Hi, Ori and Ferruh

    Currently, the rte flow API has the lock of flow_ops_mutx default which
used when driver hasn't provided mutex protection, it's inner API which was
not public, but in hns3 driver there maybe concurrent access driver's rte flow
data when doing reset recovery (which occur in intr thread) and upper-layer
application calling flow API.

    We think it's best to use framework's lock mechanism (i.e. flow_ops_mutex),
but currently it can't address hns3's requirement (as described above).

    There maybe three schemes:
    A) public the rte flow lock API.
    B) driver direct access the framework's flow_ops_mutex.
    C) driver adds one new mutex and delcare RTE_ETH_DEV_FLOW_OPS_THREAD_SAFE.

    we prefer use the scheme A, how about your opinion ?

Best regards

only message in thread, other threads:[~2021-04-06  9:32 UTC | newest]