From: Balazs Nemeth <bnemeth@redhat.com>
To: dev@dpdk.org
Subject: [dpdk-dev] Potential regression introduced by commit b10231aed1edb9
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2020 14:34:35 +0100

Hi,

Commit b10231aed1edb9 introduces a regression on my systems. I have a
"QLogic Corp. FastLinQ QL41000 Series 10/25/40/50GbE Controller" which
relies on the qede driver. Calling rte_eth_promiscuous_enable(portid)
followed by rte_eth_allmulticast_enable(port_id) causes no packets to
arrive from my generator. It's important to add that the generator
doesn't specifically target the mac of the port. I presume that
irrespective of dst mac, if a port is put into promiscuous mode, all
packets should arrive and rte_eth_allmulticast_enable should not cause
*less* packets to arrive. Am I missing something? It seems that
b10231aed1edb9 inadvertently introduced either a bug or a pretty
significant change in semantics (at least for qede)?

Regards,
Balazs