* [dpdk-dev] Minutes of Technical Board Meeting, 2020-06-17
@ 2020-06-30 7:01 Maxime Coquelin
0 siblings, 0 replies; only message in thread
From: Maxime Coquelin @ 2020-06-30 7:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
To: dev; +Cc: DPDK Techboard
* Bruce Richardson
* Ferruh Yigit
* Hemant Agrawal
* Honnappa Nagarahalli
* Jerin Jacob
* Kevin Traynor
* Maxime Coquelin
* Olivier Matz
* Stephen Hemminger
* Thomas Monjalon
- Chair: Maxime Coquelin
1) DPDK charter update
- Bruce did minor suggestions to the document and sent them to the
- Bruce will take care of passing other suggested changes Technical
board members would do to the Governing board.
- Bruce to send us updated version of the charter.
2) DPDK packaging
- Thomas consulted the LTS maintainers (Luca Bocassi and Kevin Traynor)
about having packaging recipes in DPDK main repository.
- Feedback is that it is not a good idea, it is even technically
incorrect in the case of Debian.
- Thomas suggests we reference the packaging sources from distributions
in the DPDK documentation.
- Still, there is a need to package DPDK in OpenSUSE Build Service for
our CI needs. Luca already maintains a basic packaging of DPDK in OBS
with his own account.
- Suggestion to create an official DPDK account, so that multiple
maintainers can contribute. Might be done under the Linux Foundation
umbrella. However, it might be less paperwork to have it hosted on
dpdk.org for some companies.
- Juraj Linkeš, contractor for Arm, is going to work on OBS integration
- Technical board voted that Kevin Traynor will write a documentation
page to reference packaging sources.
- Technical board voted that packaging recipes won't be added to DPDK's
3) Suggestion to improve the code review
- Follow-up of the discussion that happened on DPDK mailing-list
- Suggestion from Jerin for Patchwork to auto-delegate based on
MAINTAINERS file, which is a different granularity than currently where
delegation is done based on the sub-tree.
- Some concerns are raised
- Proposal to introduce two levels of delegation: one for the component
and on for the sub-tree, so that it is easier to track for the sub-tree
- Jerin to send a documentation patch describing the process. Technical
board will vote based on this patch.
4) DPDK awards
- Awards categories and winners will be discussed and voted over e-mail.
^ permalink raw reply [flat|nested] only message in thread
only message in thread, other threads:[~2020-06-30 7:01 UTC | newest]
Thread overview: (only message) (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2020-06-30 7:01 [dpdk-dev] Minutes of Technical Board Meeting, 2020-06-17 Maxime Coquelin
DPDK patches and discussions
This inbox may be cloned and mirrored by anyone:
git clone --mirror https://inbox.dpdk.org/dev/0 dev/git/0.git
# If you have public-inbox 1.1+ installed, you may
# initialize and index your mirror using the following commands:
public-inbox-init -V2 dev dev/ https://inbox.dpdk.org/dev \
Example config snippet for mirrors.
Newsgroup available over NNTP:
AGPL code for this site: git clone https://public-inbox.org/public-inbox.git