DPDK patches and discussions
 help / color / mirror / Atom feed
* [dpdk-dev] DPDK Release Status Meeting 1/10/2020
@ 2020-10-01 11:07 Ferruh Yigit
  0 siblings, 0 replies; only message in thread
From: Ferruh Yigit @ 2020-10-01 11:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev; +Cc: Thomas Monjalon

Meeting minutes of 1 October 2020
---------------------------------

Agenda:
* Release Dates
* Subtrees
* LTS
* OvS

Participants:
* Broadcom
* Debian/Microsoft
* Intel
* Marvell
* Nvidia
* NXP
* Red Hat


Release Dates
-------------

* v20.11 dates
   * -rc1 pushed to  *Friday, 16 October 2020*
   * -rc2:           Friday, 23 October 2020
   * Release:        Friday, 13 November 2020

   * Nvidia Mellanox, Marvell, Broadcom & Arm already sent roadmap, all
     contributors please send roadmap for the release.


Subtrees
--------

* main
   * Working on some big series
     * P4 patchset from Cristian
       * Waiting for a new version
     * SIMD bitwidth form Ciara
       * Requires more review
         * Need Arm & PPC input
           * Arm had some comments
     * Python3 support series
   * Will pull from next-net today
   * Some documentation errors are missed, build system hiding them
     * Bruce sent a fix for build system
   * Ciara's Make removal series updates many documents
     * Each PMD maintainer should review/ack relevant doc change
   * Decided to postpone the -rc1 one week
   * A security advisory has been issued for vhost-crypto
     * https://mails.dpdk.org/archives/announce/2020-September/000343.html

* next-net
   * Some big patchsets has been merged and still has around ~150 patches
     * There are still ethdev patches in backlog
     * Waiting a new version of the new txgbe PMD
   * A pull request prepared for early pull
   * Some PMDs marked as unmaintained: liquidio, nfp & ionic
     * Jerin will check the status of liquidio
     * Thomas is following the nfp & ionic

* next-crypto
   * Reviewed two new PMDs
     * A bbdev driver (baseband/acc100) by Intel
       * Tom from Red Hat also reviewing the driver
       * Planning to merge it for -rc1
     * A crypto driver (crypto/bcmfs) from Broadcom
   * Planning to review direct crypto data-path this week
     * Target is to get it for -rc1
   * Patch to remove the enums is outstanding
     * Looking good, planning to merge if there is no objection

* next-eventdev
   * There are two new PMDs, two DLB driver versions
     * DLB PMDs has dependency to eal API and eventdev spec
       * Waiting for new version to address these
     * Other than the dependencies PMD part is under review

* next-virtio
   * Pulled yesterday
     * virtio-user: introduce vhost-vdpa backend merged
     * vdpa experimental tag removed
       * Will check for release notes update for them
   * async datapath and vectorized datapatch patches in the queue
     * not sure about vectorized datapath, will review more
   * Also there is one series from Arm
   * There is an open issue related to the vhost-crypto
     * It is broken in and since the v20.08 release
       * It may not be tested well, who is testing vhost-crypto?
     * Working on a solution with Fan

* next-net-intel
   * Some patches merged, in progress

* next-net-mlx
   * Not much for now, there will be more before -rc1
   * Mellanox pushing a lot ethdev changes targets -rc1
     * This may result more driver patches for -rc2
   * There are some driver patches depends to ethdev patches in the queue

* next-net-mrvl
   * Most of the patches merged for -rc1 and pulled

* next-net-brcm
   * Some patches merged, some are waiting for merge
   * Ajit will support ethdev reviews


LTS
---

* 18.11.10 is released
   * https://mails.dpdk.org/archives/announce/2020-September/000345.html
   * This is regular release including security issues
   * There will be one last release
     * Trying to get all patches backported

* 19.11.5 is released
   * https://mails.dpdk.org/archives/announce/2020-September/000345.html
   * This is a security release for vhost-crypto issues


OvS
---

* There was a community call yesterday
   * Target is to clean the patchwork backlog
     * Volunteers from different companies will meet weekly for this
     * Planning to spend a few months for the cleanup

* OvS is important to DPDK
   * We would like to see the features added to DPDK enabled more by OvS



DPDK Release Status Meetings
============================

The DPDK Release Status Meeting is intended for DPDK Committers to discuss the
status of the master tree and sub-trees, and for project managers to track
progress or milestone dates.

The meeting occurs on every Thursdays at 8:30 UTC. on https://meet.jit.si/DPDK

If you wish to attend just send an email to
"John McNamara <john.mcnamara@intel.com>" for the invite.

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] only message in thread

only message in thread, other threads:[~2020-10-01 11:08 UTC | newest]

Thread overview: (only message) (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2020-10-01 11:07 [dpdk-dev] DPDK Release Status Meeting 1/10/2020 Ferruh Yigit

DPDK patches and discussions

This inbox may be cloned and mirrored by anyone:

	git clone --mirror https://inbox.dpdk.org/dev/0 dev/git/0.git

	# If you have public-inbox 1.1+ installed, you may
	# initialize and index your mirror using the following commands:
	public-inbox-init -V2 dev dev/ https://inbox.dpdk.org/dev \
		dev@dpdk.org
	public-inbox-index dev

Example config snippet for mirrors.
Newsgroup available over NNTP:
	nntp://inbox.dpdk.org/inbox.dpdk.dev


AGPL code for this site: git clone https://public-inbox.org/public-inbox.git