* [dpdk-dev] DPDK Release Status Meeting 20/08/2020
@ 2020-08-20 9:46 Ferruh Yigit
0 siblings, 0 replies; only message in thread
From: Ferruh Yigit @ 2020-08-20 9:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
To: dev; +Cc: Thomas Monjalon
Minutes 20 August 2020
* Release Dates
* 20.08 retrospective
* Red Hat
* v20.11 dates
* Proposal/V1: Friday, 11 September 2020
* -rc1: Friday, 9 October 2020
* -rc2: Friday, 23 October 2020
* Release: Friday, 13 November 2020
* No roadmap received yet. 20.11 is expected to be a big release, please send
roadmaps to help managing the project.
* Need support for crypto tree. There are four new PMDs for this release and
Akhil won't be available for some time. We need additional support on reviews.
* 20.08 released on Sun, 09 Aug
* Overall able to hit the dates without much deviation in original plan
* Not much improvement on doc maintainership
* Short time between -rc1 & -rc2 didn't give enough time for bug fixes
* If we have flexibility we can ensure a minimum time in between
* There were many features, not all able to make into release
* Overall this is affecting all vendors
* A process update to assign patches to reviewers will be voted in techboard
* Different solutions discussed in the past, this is recurring problem
* vhost maintainer changes recovered quickly
* Inactive sub-trees removed, good to dynamically add/remove them
* v19.11.4-rc1 is out, please test
* 200+ commits merged
* Intel will start testing it
* Target release date is 31 August.
* event/dlb PMD may need some support for upstreaming, will follow in Intel.
DPDK Release Status Meetings
The DPDK Release Status Meeting is intended for DPDK Committers to discuss the
status of the master tree and sub-trees, and for project managers to track
progress or milestone dates.
The meeting occurs on every Thursdays at 8:30 UTC. on https://meet.jit.si/DPDK
If you wish to attend just send an email to
"John McNamara <email@example.com>" for the invite.
^ permalink raw reply [flat|nested] only message in thread
only message in thread, other threads:[~2020-08-20 9:46 UTC | newest]
Thread overview: (only message) (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2020-08-20 9:46 [dpdk-dev] DPDK Release Status Meeting 20/08/2020 Ferruh Yigit
DPDK patches and discussions
This inbox may be cloned and mirrored by anyone:
git clone --mirror https://inbox.dpdk.org/dev/0 dev/git/0.git
# If you have public-inbox 1.1+ installed, you may
# initialize and index your mirror using the following commands:
public-inbox-init -V2 dev dev/ https://inbox.dpdk.org/dev \
Example config snippet for mirrors.
Newsgroup available over NNTP:
AGPL code for this site: git clone https://public-inbox.org/public-inbox.git