* [dpdk-dev] DPDK Release Status Meeting 20/08/2020
@ 2020-08-20  9:46 Ferruh Yigit
From: Ferruh Yigit @ 2020-08-20  9:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev; +Cc: Thomas Monjalon

Minutes 20 August 2020
----------------------

Agenda:
* Release Dates
* Highlights
* 20.08 retrospective
* LTS
* Opens

Participants:
* Arm
* Broadcom
* Debian/Microsoft
* Intel
* Marvell
* Nvidia
* NXP
* Red Hat

Release Dates
-------------

* v20.11 dates
  * Proposal/V1:    Friday, 11 September 2020
  * -rc1:           Friday, 9 October 2020
  * -rc2:           Friday, 23 October 2020
  * Release:        Friday, 13 November 2020

Highlights
----------

* No roadmap received yet. 20.11 is expected to be a big release, please send
  roadmaps to help managing the project.

* Need support for crypto tree. There are four new PMDs for this release and
  Akhil won't be available for some time. We need additional support on reviews.

20.08 retrospective
-------------------

* 20.08 released on Sun, 09 Aug
  * http://inbox.dpdk.org/dev/8108418.8U4FE8ErZL@thomas/

* Overall able to hit the dates without much deviation in original plan

* Not much improvement on doc maintainership

* Short time between -rc1 & -rc2 didn't give enough time for bug fixes
  * If we have flexibility we can ensure a minimum time in between

* There were many features, not all able to make into release
  * Overall this is affecting all vendors
  * A process update to assign patches to reviewers will be voted in techboard
  * Different solutions discussed in the past, this is recurring problem

* vhost maintainer changes recovered quickly

* Inactive sub-trees removed, good to dynamically add/remove them

LTS
---

* v19.11.4-rc1 is out, please test
  * http://inbox.dpdk.org/dev/20200818181222.8462-1-bluca@debian.org/T/#u
  * 200+ commits merged
  * Intel will start testing it
  * Target release date is 31 August.

Opens
-----

* event/dlb PMD may need some support for upstreaming, will follow in Intel.

DPDK Release Status Meetings

The DPDK Release Status Meeting is intended for DPDK Committers to discuss the
status of the master tree and sub-trees, and for project managers to track
progress or milestone dates.

The meeting occurs on every Thursdays at 8:30 UTC. on https://meet.jit.si/DPDK

If you wish to attend just send an email to
"John McNamara <john.mcnamara@intel.com>" for the invite.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2020-08-20  9:46 UTC | newest]