Hello Luca, > Your proposal sounds rather interesting. Certainly enabling DTS to > accept YAML-written tests sounds more developer-friendly and should > enable quicker test-writing. As this is an extra feature though – and a > nice-to-have, it should definitely be discussed in the DTS meetings as > Honnappa suggested already. > > Another thing, I am not sure that the intention is that Scapy will be > the only traffic generator supported. Could be very wrong here. In the > case we'd support others too, how would you tackle this problem? We can > discuss this in the meeting as well if needed. > The proposed design works with any DPDK, traffic generator, sniffer or debugger application that ether accepts input from STDIN or dumps output to SDTOUT. I used testpmd / scapy in the example because that was the most obvious combo. Regards, Gregory