* [dpdk-dev] DPDK Release Status Meeting 29/11/2018
@ 2018-11-29 13:25 Ferruh Yigit
From: Ferruh Yigit @ 2018-11-29 13:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dpdk-dev; +Cc: John McNamara, Thomas Monjalon

Minutes 29 November 2018
------------------------

Agenda:
* Dates
* Proposal deadline
* Subtrees
* Bugzilla
* OvS
* Conferences
* Coverity
* Opens

Participants:
* Broadcom
* Debian
* Intel
* NXP
* RedHat

Release Dates
-------------

* v18.11 released. Thanks to everyone contributed.
  * Thomas' announce email highlights highest number of authors ever.

* v19.02 dates:
  * Proposal deadline: November 29, 2018
  * Integration deadline: December 14, 2018
  * First release candidate: December 21, 2018
  * Last release candidate: January 25, 2019
  * Release: February 1, 2019

* Roadmap page updated: http://core.dpdk.org/roadmap/

Proposal deadline
-----------------

* Proposal deadline is today!
* As a heads-up, there will be patches for Windows support
  * Our dependencies can be affected from new OS support
  * OvS also has windows support, there can be some learning & collaboration
* There are only two weeks for integration deadline
  * We should have reviews as soon as possible
* We should do weekly merges, that is also useful for LTS maintenance

Subtrees
--------

* main
* next-net
* next-crypto
* next-virtio
* next-eventdev
* next-pipeline
* next-qos
  * No significant update on trees yet for 19.02

* Stable trees
  * Kevin will update 18.08 stable and keep 18.11 LTS up to date.
  * A github clone for stables can be good.
  * There will be last 16.11 LTS release.
  * Luca was in DPDK community lab meeting to request testing LTS trees too.
    Request taken into backlog.

OvS
---

* Kevin will send official patch for v18.11 soon, patch almost ready.

Conferences
-----------

* DPDK North America summit next week. Will this affect release schedule?

Coverity
--------

* Coverity is broken now, John will investigate more.

Opens
-----

* Discuss stable trees status on release status meeting.
* 19.02 public roadmaps
  * Intel shared roadmap:
    https://mails.dpdk.org/archives/dev/2018-November/119667.html
  * In RedHat roadmap, Maxime mentioned there will be
    "Packed Ring support for Virtio PMD"
  * Please share roadmap for v19.02!

DPDK Release Status Meetings

The DPDK Release Status Meeting is intended for DPDK Committers to discuss
the status of the master tree and sub-trees, and for project managers to
track progress or milestone dates.

The meeting occurs on Thursdays at 8:30 UTC. If you wish to attend just
send me an email and I will send you the invite.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2018-11-29 13:25 UTC | newest]