DPDK patches and discussions
 help / color / mirror / Atom feed
* [dpdk-dev] DPDK Release Status Meeting 7/01/2021
@ 2021-01-07 18:04 Ferruh Yigit
  2021-01-07 18:07 ` Ferruh Yigit
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 2+ messages in thread
From: Ferruh Yigit @ 2021-01-07 18:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev; +Cc: Thomas Monjalon

Meeting minutes of 7 January 2021
---------------------------------

Agenda:
* Release Dates
* Subtrees
* LTS
* Opens

Participants:
* Arm
* Broadcom
* Debian/Microsoft
* Intel
* Marvell
* Nvidia
* NXP
* Red Hat


Release Dates
-------------

* Happy new year!

* v21.02 dates
   * Proposal/V1 passed, it was on Sunday, 20 December 2020
   * -rc1:           Friday, 15 January 2021
   * -rc2:           Friday, 29 January 2021
   * Release:        Friday, 5 February 2021

   * Please send roadmaps, preferably before beginning of the release
     * Thanks to NTT, Huawei hns3, Intel, Red Hat, Marvell, Broadcom,
       Arm, Nvidia for sending roadmap


Subtrees
--------

* main
   * Working on patches from previous release
     * Intel power management series
     * Arm build series
   * Suggested to discuss device emulation in the techboard
     * There is a dependency to the Qemu
     * Adding a lot of code, need to clarify usecase
   * Not enough reviews, hoping to having more review/activity after
     everyone return from holidays
   * rte_flow action change RFC is out, it is a design change, please review
     * http://patchwork.dpdk.org/patch/85384/

* next-net
   * Some patches merged already, pulling from sub-trees
   * ~160 patches in the backlog
   * Planning to complete ethdev changes before -rc1
   * There will be early pull to main tree this Friday

* next-crypto
   * Will start merging next week
   * Two sets in the queue
     * enqueue & dequeue callbacks
       * Will be reviewed next week
   * There are some Marvell PMD patches planned for -rc1

* next-eventdev
   * Very few patches, will be reviewed this weekend

* next-virtio
   * Quite a few patches in the backlog
     * vectorized data path, smp barriers, virtio PMD rework, ...
     * reviews are going on
   * Working on virtio PMD rework
   * Planning to have a pull request tomorrow

* next-net-mlx
   * Thomas is acting as backup maintainer
   * There are big Windows enablement sets
   * Will pull to next-net today
   * Some features are waiting for ehtdev patches

* next-net-brcm
   * Some in the backlog, no more big set/feature for this release

* next-net-intel
   * Pulled, more patches expected including base code update
   * i40e Windows enablement patches will go directly to main tree

* next-net-mrvl
   * mvpp2 set is under review, will do second round of review on weekend
   * There is octeontx endpoint PMD
     * Will be merged directly to next-net
     * First internal review done, Jerin will try to review


LTS
---

* v19.11.6 is released
   * http://inbox.dpdk.org/dev/20201218104305.3815770-1-luca.boccassi@gmail.com/

* v18.11.11-rc1 is out, please test
   * http://inbox.dpdk.org/dev/20201217120304.351927-1-ktraynor@redhat.com/
   * Waiting for test reports, some already received
     * Red Hat test result looks good
     * Intel reported two issues
       * One is related to kernel version, other is not new regression
         * Ping (from Intel) confirmed issues can be ignored
     * OvS team started to test it
   * Planned release date is 19th January


Opens
-----

* Coverity checks are automated
   * It will run tree times in a week



DPDK Release Status Meetings
============================

The DPDK Release Status Meeting is intended for DPDK Committers to discuss the
status of the master tree and sub-trees, and for project managers to track
progress or milestone dates.

The meeting occurs on every Thursdays at 8:30 UTC. on https://meet.jit.si/DPDK

If you wish to attend just send an email to
"John McNamara <john.mcnamara@intel.com>" for the invite.

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 2+ messages in thread

* Re: [dpdk-dev] DPDK Release Status Meeting 7/01/2021
  2021-01-07 18:04 [dpdk-dev] DPDK Release Status Meeting 7/01/2021 Ferruh Yigit
@ 2021-01-07 18:07 ` Ferruh Yigit
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 2+ messages in thread
From: Ferruh Yigit @ 2021-01-07 18:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Rybchenko, jerinj, Ajit Khaparde, Zhang, Qi Z; +Cc: Thomas Monjalon, dev

On 1/7/2021 6:04 PM, Ferruh Yigit wrote:
> Meeting minutes of 7 January 2021
> ---------------------------------

<...>

>    * rte_flow action change RFC is out, it is a design change, please review
>      * http://patchwork.dpdk.org/patch/85384/

Hi Andrew, Jerin, Ajit, Qi,

Can you please help on reviewing the above rte_flow patch, as far as I 
understand from Thomas it may have a long term affect for all drivers.

Thanks,
ferruh

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 2+ messages in thread

end of thread, other threads:[~2021-01-07 18:07 UTC | newest]

Thread overview: 2+ messages (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2021-01-07 18:04 [dpdk-dev] DPDK Release Status Meeting 7/01/2021 Ferruh Yigit
2021-01-07 18:07 ` Ferruh Yigit

DPDK patches and discussions

This inbox may be cloned and mirrored by anyone:

	git clone --mirror https://inbox.dpdk.org/dev/0 dev/git/0.git

	# If you have public-inbox 1.1+ installed, you may
	# initialize and index your mirror using the following commands:
	public-inbox-init -V2 dev dev/ https://inbox.dpdk.org/dev \
		dev@dpdk.org
	public-inbox-index dev

Example config snippet for mirrors.
Newsgroup available over NNTP:
	nntp://inbox.dpdk.org/inbox.dpdk.dev


AGPL code for this site: git clone https://public-inbox.org/public-inbox.git