Le 21/04/2023 à 17:15, Stephen Hemminger a écrit : > >>> Better to understand more about our opinion of this script before send a v2 patch. >>> I've used 'lstopo'. It's a great tool. >>> To my opinion, considering there're Linux tools to show all kinds of information, the reason that DPDK has its own tool is to summarize and emphasize the information that is important to DPDK. Here it's that some cores are more powerful than others. When the users use a testpmd-like APP, they can choose the appropriate cores after DPDK reminds them about the difference between cores. >>> Add Thomas for more suggestions. Thanks. >> Adding Brice, hwloc maintainer. >> >> I think it would be better to contribute to the hwloc project. >> If we need a different set of info, we can probably tune it with options. > The script had a purpose which was back when DPDK was first started. > But as systems get more complex, it becomes something that has to deal with lots > of corner cases; and if some other tool can it then that is better. Hello Indeed, hwloc/lstopo should be able to do something similar to that script. I didn't see anything network-related in the script, does it only show CPU info? Regarding the original patch, we already support all levels or caches, dies, clusters, etc. Hybrid CPUs are also detected but they are only nicely shown in the graphical output [1]. The textual output only says at the very end that there are two kinds and the bitmask of CPUs for each. I am open to improving this. Brice [1] https://twitter.com/bgoglin/status/1542117836008706049/photo/1