test suite reviews and discussions
* [dts]  TestSuite_l2fwd.py questions
@ 2017-04-03 16:11 Angela Czubak
From: Angela Czubak @ 2017-04-03 16:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dts

Hi,

I was looking into L2fwd test case and was wondering if getting
available ports (self.dut_ports = self.dut.get_ports_performance() in
set_up_all() method) and leaving the default for force_different_nic
argument was on purpose. I mean, was this test designed to run for two
different NICs only?

One more question: why does test_l2fwd integrity run l2fwd and expect
"memory mapped" in the output, whereas others seem to expect "L2FWD:
entering main loop"? Is that a bug?

Regards,

Angela Czubak

* Re: [dts] TestSuite_l2fwd.py questions
@ 2017-04-05  1:35 ` Liu, Yong
From: Liu, Yong @ 2017-04-05  1:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Angela Czubak, dts

Hi Angela,
L2fwd case was designed few years ago. At that time we forced l2fwd case using different ports on different cards for maximum throughput.
Currently all performance reports are based on l3fwd sample, so you can look at L3fwd test case for replacement.

For the mismatched expected output, that maybe one bug. We haven't run l2fwd performance case for a long time.

Thanks,
Marvin