Juraj, I think that both of those make sense. We should try to add those into the document next meeting. Owen Adding a link to the document here in case anyone doesn't want to go through the meeting minutes: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1G7_AEA-4MAd88bxjfP-IOcIy_6mnrMz3HCsUI8e-NN4/edit On Mon, Jan 17, 2022 at 7:23 AM Juraj Linkeš wrote: > > > > > *From:* Owen Hilyard > *Sent:* Wednesday, January 12, 2022 4:08 PM > *To:* dev ; dts@dpdk.org > *Subject:* [RFC] DTS Commit Policies > > > > Hello Everyone, > > > > The DTS Working Group wanted to let everyone give feedback on the proposed > DTS commit policies. Please leave a comment with any feedback you have. We > will be reviewing feedback in the DTS Working Group meeting on January > 26th, at which point the comment period will close. > > > > The purpose of the commit policies is to help standardize the code that > makes up DTS, as well as help new additions meet community requirements, > such as avoiding breaking changes, ensuring runtime stability, and aiding > debugability. > > > > Owen Hilyard > > > > DTS Working Group meeting room: > https://armltd.zoom.us/j/97503259680?pwd=VVlmWnlnTXJkVGkwR2JOU3R3b3Vndz09&from=addon > > > > I always like to follow the practices captured in this article: > https://cbea.ms/git-commit/ > > > > I think it also makes sense to be as close as possible to DPDK, so trying > to use what we can from their guidelines [0] would be a good start. > > > > Juraj > > > > [0] > https://doc.dpdk.org/guides/contributing/patches.html#commit-messages-subject-line >