Thanks for your reply Lijuan, I had submitted only one patch, I suspect my mail server was not configured properly so it didn't get past my domain and reach dts , so the problem was on my side, my bad, I have re-sent that patch and received the acknowledgement. Thanks, Yash From: Tu, Lijuan Sent: Wednesday, June 26, 2019 1:55 PM To: Yash Sharma ; dts@dpdk.org Subject: [EXT] RE: Status of Submitted Patch External Email ________________________________ Hi Yash, Sorry, currently we don't have tools like patchwork to monitor patch status. You can skimpily track your patch through mail list: https://mails.dpdk.org/archives/dts/ , If the patch get some comments or applied, someone will reply to it. If you haven't received any response for a long time, you can email me, regularly I work on DTS maintaining every Wednesday. BTW, I didn't get your patch except https://mails.dpdk.org/archives/dts/2019-June/006377.html From: dts [mailto:dts-bounces@dpdk.org] On Behalf Of Yash Sharma Sent: Friday, June 21, 2019 3:34 PM To: dts@dpdk.org Subject: [dts] Status of Submitted Patch Hi, I have submitted a patch to dts@dpdk.org using "git send-email" and it's been a week, I haven't received any response. I am aware that for checking status of dpdk patches there is "http://patchwork.dpdk.org/". Is there any similar facility for monitoring status of DTS patches as well. Thanks, Yash