Again: please explain in case of *BSD OSes ? Le 24 novembre 2016 19:20:03 Ed Warnicke a écrit : > Speaking as someone who's been involved in thousands of discussions over > more than a decade evaluating issues like patent risk in consuming open > source software, I don't see a patent clause in a CLA offering any > realistic assurance to a downstream consumer. > > Were I involved in a discussion around patent risk in DPDK, I would point > to its license. > > That said (and keeping in mind that IANAL), I do *not* see any patent > protection in the BSD license similar to what one sees in the Apache 2 > license, or the Eclipse Public License. Please note: I am not advocating > here for a license change, just drawing attention to my perspective as > someone who's been deeply involved in such things for a long time. > > Ed > > On Thu, Nov 24, 2016 at 12:07 PM, Vincent Jardin > wrote: > >> Matt, >> >> Please explain why you think that contributions under BSD licenses are not >> proper contributions for patents. For instance, Free/Net/OpenBSD do not >> require any CLA so contribution process remains smooth. >> >> Thank you, >> >> >> >>