DPDK community structure changes
* [dpdk-moving] Participation Agreement & Charter
@ 2017-03-09 22:15 Michael Dolan
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Michael Dolan @ 2017-03-09 22:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: moving

Hi everyone, we've now put in motion the key steps to get DPDK going as a
project in time for ONS. There are a few people working on a press release
with the LF PR team and will share the draft ASAP. We are working to
migrate the domain and other elements. We're trying to get a DPDK update
session into the ONS schedule as well.

The TODO from this week's call was to send out the Participation Agreement.
I've attached that here. The PA is similar to other projects under the LF
entity. If you or your counsel have any questions, please let me know ASAP.

I believe on the call it was discussed that we are targeting a finalized
press release to everyone for approvals by the 20th and signed agreements
by EOD on the 27th.

One final item will be updating the DPDK.org website with identification as
an LF project and to add the charter to the site. Who can our team work
with to get that done? I'm not sure who in the community is doing the web
work to point them to.

Thanks,

Mike

---
Mike Dolan
VP of Strategic Programs
The Linux Foundation
Office: +1.330.460.3250   Cell: +1.440.552.5322  Skype: michaelkdolan
mdolan@linuxfoundation.org
---

[-- Attachment #2: DPDK Participation Agreement and Charter March 2017.pdf --]

* Re: [dpdk-moving] Participation Agreement & Charter
@ 2017-03-09 22:57 ` Thomas Monjalon
From: Thomas Monjalon @ 2017-03-09 22:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Dolan; +Cc: moving

Hi,

2017-03-09 17:15, Michael Dolan:
> One final item will be updating the DPDK.org website with identification as
> an LF project and to add the charter to the site. Who can our team work
> with to get that done? I'm not sure who in the community is doing the web
> work to point them to.

The web site is open thanks to this git repository:
	http://dpdk.org/browse/tools/dpdk-web/
and this mailing list:

As the main contributor of the web site, I would be happy to help
with the Linux Foundation update.

* Re: [dpdk-moving] Participation Agreement & Charter
@ 2017-03-21 15:10 ` Michael Dolan
From: Michael Dolan @ 2017-03-21 15:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: moving

Just a reminder to get your signed agreement in for the launch. Let me know
via email if you're still working on it. (please don't reply all to the
list)

On Mar 9, 2017 2:15 PM, "Michael Dolan" <mdolan@linuxfoundation.org> wrote:

[...]

* [dpdk-moving] Fwd: Participation Agreement & Charter
@ 2017-03-27 15:53 ` Michael Dolan
From: Michael Dolan @ 2017-03-27 15:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: moving

Hi everyone, I wanted to just send one last call to get signed membership
agreements in for the DPDK launch. We have signed agreements from several
and a few more who have let me know it's on the way.

If you want to be in the press release, we need your agreement ASAP. If you
intend to join at Gold, please also send a quote. The agreement that needs
signed is attached here again.

Thanks,

Mike

[...]

Office: +1.330.460.3250 <(330)%20460-3250>   Cell: +1.440.552.5322
<(440)%20552-5322>  Skype: michaelkdolan
mdolan@linuxfoundation.org
---

[-- Attachment #2: DPDK Participation Agreement and Charter March 2017.pdf --]

* Re: [dpdk-moving] Fwd: Participation Agreement & Charter
@ 2017-03-27 16:22   ` Thomas Monjalon
From: Thomas Monjalon @ 2017-03-27 16:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Dolan; +Cc: moving

2017-03-27 11:53, Michael Dolan:
> Hi everyone, I wanted to just send one last call to get signed membership
> agreements in for the DPDK launch.

Please could you tell more about the free membership level "associate"?

Can we freeze the charter as a web page on dpdk.org?

* Re: [dpdk-moving] Fwd: Participation Agreement & Charter
@ 2017-03-27 16:58     ` Michael Dolan
From: Michael Dolan @ 2017-03-27 16:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Monjalon; +Cc: moving

Yes, I'd like to have it on the website. Associate is for non-profits,
academic and government agencies.

---

On Mon, Mar 27, 2017 at 12:22 PM, Thomas Monjalon <thomas.monjalon@6wind.com

@ 2017-03-27 17:11       ` Thomas Monjalon
From: Thomas Monjalon @ 2017-03-27 17:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Dolan; +Cc: moving

2017-03-27 12:58, Michael Dolan:
> Yes, I'd like to have it on the website.

OK, we need an easier format to convert it.
Is it the same text as the Google doc?
Or do you have it in other format than PDF?

> Associate is for non-profits, academic and government agencies.

What means being an associate?
Is it a way to have a name associated with DPDK in press releases?
Other benefits?