DPDK community structure changes
* [dpdk-moving] Tomorrow's "Moving DPDK to Linux Foundation" Meeting
@ 2017-03-20 20:43 O'Driscoll, Tim
From: O'Driscoll, Tim @ 2017-03-20 20:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: moving

I don't like having meetings without a clear purpose, so I'd propose that we cancel tomorrow's meeting as there isn't anything specific to cover. If anybody else has topics they'd like to discuss and thinks we should go ahead, please feel free to say, otherwise I'll cancel it for this week.

For membership discussions, these mostly seem to be at the stage where they're still being approved internally and/or being discussed between the member companies and the LF, so there isn't much we can say in a public meeting. The deadline we gave is next Monday (27th), so we'll be able to review the numbers at next week's meeting.

For the lab proposal, we're still working on this, but it is moving slowly. We need to get to the stage where we have a full proposal including costs that this larger group can then review. That's still a few weeks away.

If there are any other questions or issues, we can always use the moving@dpdk.org list.

Tim

* Re: [dpdk-moving] Tomorrow's "Moving DPDK to Linux Foundation" Meeting
@ 2017-03-30 23:25 ` Thomas Monjalon
From: Thomas Monjalon @ 2017-03-30 23:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: O'Driscoll, Tim; +Cc: moving

Hi,

2017-03-20 20:43, O'Driscoll, Tim:
> For the press release, the LF team are working on this
> and will share a draft with the moving@dpdk.org mailing list
> when it's ready for broader review.

The announce is approaching and we have not seen the draft
neither on moving@ list nor on techboard@ list.

* Re: [dpdk-moving] Tomorrow's "Moving DPDK to Linux Foundation" Meeting
@ 2017-03-31 16:29   ` O'Driscoll, Tim
From: O'Driscoll, Tim @ 2017-03-31 16:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Monjalon; +Cc: moving, 'Zibby Keaton', Laura Kempke

> From: Thomas Monjalon [mailto:thomas.monjalon@6wind.com]
>
> Hi,
>
> 2017-03-20 20:43, O'Driscoll, Tim:
> > For the press release, the LF team are working on this
> > and will share a draft with the moving@dpdk.org mailing list
> > when it's ready for broader review.
>
> The announce is approaching and we have not seen the draft
> neither on moving@ list nor on techboard@ list.

Vincent and I both suggested that the press release be shared with the people on this mailing list and with the Tech Board. However, I just checked with the Linux Foundation team working on this and they confirmed that they can't send it to an open mailing list. Any members of the DPDK Linux Foundation project who want to see the press release before it's issued can contact Zibby Keaton or Laura Kempke who are copied above.

Tim