Soft Patch Panel
* [spp] Need more simple usecases for spp_vf and spp_mirror
@ 2018-12-13  8:02 Yasufumi Ogawa
From: Yasufumi Ogawa @ 2018-12-13  8:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dpdk-spp

Hi Hideyuki and team,

I think usecases, "Simple SSH Login" for spp_vf and "Mirroring packet
from a VM" for spp_mirror, are too complex to try at the first time for
beginners.

"Simple SSH Login" is simple in a mean because it is simply logging in
with ssh, but no need to prepare two VMs and twelve threads. I think it
is OK if this usecase is an advanced tutorial, but not appropriate for
the first usecase. I think it is better to explain each of components
step by step.

I think the same for spp_mirror. Spp_mirror is for simply duplicating
incoming packets, so no need to explain with spp_vf and no need to use
three VMs.

I suppose you thought it is better to explain with more practical
usecases, and I agree with your idea. However, we need to explain
simpler usecases before them. I hope you agree with.

Thanks,
Yasufumi

only message in thread, other threads:[~2018-12-13  8:03 UTC | newest]