patches for DPDK stable branches
From: "Stokes, Ian" <ian.stokes@intel.com>
To: Kevin Traynor <ktraynor@redhat.com>,
Cc: "dev@dpdk.org" <dev@dpdk.org>,
Subject: Re: [dpdk-stable] [dpdk-dev] 18.11.9 (LTS) patches review and test
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2020 16:32:44 +0000	[thread overview]

I think OVS only supports zero copy for vhostuserclient devices. In this case it looks like that’s no longer supported. I guess the real question becomes should the support in OVS be removed now? It is not broken as you said, just no longer supported in the OVS use case.

I don’t think it needs to block the release of this, but it's a follow up for the OVS. I believe you'd see the same behavior for OVS master and 2.13.

BR
Ian