patches for DPDK stable branches
From: Kevin Traynor <ktraynor@redhat.com>
To: Julien Meunier <julien.meunier@nokia.com>,
	"Yu, PingX" <pingx.yu@intel.com>,
	"stable@dpdk.org" <stable@dpdk.org>,
	Fiona Trahe <fiona.trahe@intel.com>
Cc: "dev@dpdk.org" <dev@dpdk.org>,
	Abhishek Marathe <Abhishek.Marathe@microsoft.com>,
	Akhil Goyal <akhil.goyal@nxp.com>,
	Ali Alnubani <alialnu@mellanox.com>,
	"Walker, Benjamin" <benjamin.walker@intel.com>,
	David Christensen <drc@linux.vnet.ibm.com>,
	Hemant Agrawal <hemant.agrawal@nxp.com>,
	"Stokes, Ian" <ian.stokes@intel.com>,
	Jerin Jacob <jerinj@marvell.com>,
	"Mcnamara, John" <john.mcnamara@intel.com>,
	Ju-Hyoung Lee <juhlee@microsoft.com>,
	Luca Boccassi <bluca@debian.org>, Pei Zhang <pezhang@redhat.com>,
	"Xu, Qian Q" <qian.q.xu@intel.com>,
	Raslan Darawsheh <rasland@mellanox.com>,
	Thomas Monjalon <thomas@monjalon.net>,
	"Peng, Yuan" <yuan.peng@intel.com>,
	"Chen, Zhaoyan" <zhaoyan.chen@intel.com>
Subject: Re: [dpdk-stable] 18.11.6 (LTS) patches review and test
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2020 14:18:03 +0000	[thread overview]

On 09/01/2020 08:30, Julien Meunier wrote:
> Hi,

Hi Julien,

> I launched UT on my target which has a QAT VF device, binded to igb_uio.
>
>   + TestCase [97] : test_null_auth_only_operation failed
>   + TestCase [99] : test_null_cipher_auth_operation failed
>
> When I did some debug, I saw that the content of the digest is 0.
>
> If I revert ac0a49ed9258 ("crypto/qat: fix null auth when using VFIO"),
> all tests are OK.
>
> This issue is not seen on master branch, because other UTs are executed
> for QAT PMDs in order to check NULL algo. UTs were a reworked, see
> af46a0bc0c5b ("test/crypto: add NULL algo to loop test mechanism")
>
> My commit does not seem to add any specific regression.

Great, thanks for investigating it, that helps a lot.

@Fiona, I think the options we have are:

1. Revert 18.11 branch ac0a49ed9258 ("crypto/qat: fix null auth when
using VFIO")

2. You could send a backport for af46a0bc0c5b ("test/crypto: add NULL
algo to loop test mechanism") on 18.11 branch. It mostly applies but
there are some conflicts and I can't test it.

Only other option seems to be
3. Let the cryptodev_qat_autotest UT fail on 18.11.6.

What do you think?

thanks,
Kevin.

p.s. Damian's email bounced