patches for DPDK stable branches
* 21.11.8 patches review and test
@ 2024-09-05 12:38 Kevin Traynor
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: Kevin Traynor @ 2024-09-05 12:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: stable
  Cc: dev, Abhishek Marathe, Ali Alnubani, David Christensen,
	Hemant Agrawal, Ian Stokes, Jerin Jacob, John McNamara,
	Ju-Hyoung Lee, Kevin Traynor, Luca Boccassi, Pei Zhang,
	Raslan Darawsheh, Thomas Monjalon, yanghliu

Hi all,

Here is a list of patches targeted for stable release 21.11.8.

The planned date for the final release is 18th September.

Please help with testing and validation of your use cases and report
any issues/results with reply-all to this mail. For the final release
the fixes and reported validations will be added to the release notes.

A release candidate tarball can be found at:

    https://dpdk.org/browse/dpdk-stable/tag/?id=v21.11.8-rc1

These patches are located at branch 21.11 of dpdk-stable repo:
    https://dpdk.org/browse/dpdk-stable/

Thanks.

Kevin

---
Abdullah Ömer Yamaç (1):
      hash: fix RCU reclamation size

Anatoly Burakov (7):
      net/e1000/base: fix link power down
      fbarray: fix incorrect lookahead behavior
      fbarray: fix incorrect lookbehind behavior
      fbarray: fix lookahead ignore mask handling
      fbarray: fix lookbehind ignore mask handling
      fbarray: fix finding for unaligned length
      malloc: fix multi-process wait condition handling

Apeksha Gupta (2):
      bus/dpaa: fix memory leak in bus scan
      common/dpaax: fix node array overrun

Bing Zhao (3):
      net/mlx5: fix end condition of reading xstats
      net/mlx5: fix uplink port probing in bonding mode
      common/mlx5: remove unneeded field when modify RQ table

Bruce Richardson (3):
      ethdev: fix device init without socket-local memory
      dma/idxd: fix default for workqueue options
      dma/idxd: add verbose option to config script

Chaoyong He (1):
      app/testpmd: fix help string of BPF load command

Chengwen Feng (1):
      net/hns3: check Rx DMA address alignmnent

Chenming Chang (1):
      hash: fix return code description in Doxygen

Chinh Cao (1):
      net/ice/base: fix return type of bitmap hamming weight

Ciara Loftus (2):
      net/af_xdp: fix port ID in Rx mbuf
      net/af_xdp: count mbuf allocation failures

Ciara Power (1):
      test/crypto: fix vector global buffer overflow

Conor Fogarty (1):
      hash: check name when creating a hash

Dariusz Sosnowski (1):
      net/mlx5: fix MTU configuration

David Marchand (12):
      bus/pci: fix build with musl 1.2.4 / Alpine 3.19
      eal/unix: support ZSTD compression for firmware
      net/ice: fix check for outer UDP checksum offload
      app/testpmd: fix outer IP checksum offload
      net/i40e: fix outer UDP checksum offload for X710
      telemetry: lower log level on socket error
      vdpa/sfc: remove dead code
      eal/linux: lower log level on allocation attempt failure
      buildtools: fix build with clang 17 and ASan
      net/vmxnet3: fix init logs
      config: fix warning for cross build with meson >= 1.3.0
      net: fix outer UDP checksum in Intel prepare helper

Dengdui Huang (5):
      net/hns3: fix offload flag of IEEE 1588
      net/hns3: fix Rx timestamp flag
      net/hns3: fix double free for Rx/Tx queue
      net/hns3: fix variable overflow
      app/testpmd: handle IEEE1588 init failure

Ed Czeck (1):
      net/ark: fix index arithmetic

Edwin Brossette (1):
      net/ixgbe: do not create delayed interrupt handler twice

Eric Joyner (1):
      net/ice/base: fix GCS descriptor field offsets

Ferruh Yigit (1):
      app/testpmd: fix build on signed comparison

Gagandeep Singh (3):
      common/dpaax/caamflib: fix PDCP-SDAP watchdog error
      bus/dpaa: fix bus scan for DMA devices
      common/dpaax: fix IOVA table cleanup

Ganapati Kundapura (2):
      cryptodev: fix build without crypto callbacks
      cryptodev: validate crypto callbacks from next node

Gowrishankar Muthukrishnan (3):
      crypto/cnxk: fix minimal input normalization
      test/crypto: fix asymmetric capability test
      test/crypto: remove unused stats in setup

Gregory Etelson (1):
      net/mlx5: fix Arm build with GCC 9.1

Haifei Luo (1):
      net/mlx5: fix indexed pool with invalid index

Haoqian He (1):
      vhost: cleanup resubmit info before inflight setup

Hemant Agrawal (1):
      baseband/la12xx: forbid secondary process

Hernan Vargas (1):
      app/bbdev: fix interrupt tests

Jack Bond-Preston (1):
      crypto/openssl: optimize 3DES-CTR context init

Jacob Keller (1):
      net/ice/base: fix size when allocating children arrays

Jesse Brandeburg (1):
      net/ice/base: fix sign extension

Jiawei Wang (1):
      net/mlx5: fix hash Rx queue release in flow sample

Jiawen Wu (14):
      net/txgbe: fix tunnel packet parsing
      net/txgbe: fix flow filters in VT mode
      net/txgbe: fix Tx hang on queue disable
      net/txgbe: restrict configuration of VLAN strip offload
      net/txgbe: reconfigure more MAC Rx registers
      net/txgbe: fix VF promiscuous and allmulticast
      net/ngbe: keep PHY power down while device probing
      net/txgbe: fix hotplug remove
      net/ngbe: fix hotplug remove
      net/txgbe: fix MTU range
      net/ngbe: fix MTU range
      net/txgbe: fix memory leaks
      net/ngbe: fix memory leaks
      net/txgbe: fix Rx interrupt

Jie Hai (2):
      net/hns3: disable SCTP verification tag for RSS hash input
      net/hns3: fix uninitialized variable in FEC query

Joel Kavanagh (2):
      test/crypto: fix allocation comment
      doc: fix typo in l2fwd-crypto guide

Julien Meunier (1):
      net/fm10k: fix cleanup during init failure

Jun Yang (1):
      crypto/dpaa2_sec: fix event queue user context

Karen Kelly (1):
      doc: add baseline mode in l3fwd-power guide

Kevin Laatz (1):
      dma/idxd: add generic option for queue config

Kevin Traynor (2):
      doc: fix testpmd ring size command
      eal: fix logs for '--lcores'

Konstantin Ananyev (2):
      bpf: fix MOV instruction evaluation
      bpf: fix load hangs with six IPv6 addresses

Long Wu (1):
      net/nfp: fix disabling 32-bit build

Luca Vizzarro (1):
      vhost: fix build with GCC 13

Maayan Kashani (1):
      app/testpmd: fix parsing for connection tracking item

Mateusz Pacuszka (1):
      net/ice/base: fix check for existing switch rule

Mattias Rönnblom (1):
      net/af_packet: align Rx/Tx structs to cache line

Michael Baum (1):
      ethdev: fix GENEVE option item conversion

Mingjin Ye (1):
      bus/vdev: fix device reinitialization

Nithin Dabilpuram (1):
      net/cnxk: fix outbound security with higher packet burst

Paul Greenwalt (1):
      net/ice/base: fix potential TLV length overflow

Piotr Pietruszewski (1):
      net/ixgbe/base: revert advertising for X550 2.5G/5G

Piotr Skajewski (1):
      net/ixgbe/base: fix 5G link speed reported on VF

Radoslaw Tyl (1):
      net/ixgbe/base: fix PHY ID for X550

Rahul Bhansali (1):
      net/cnxk: fix promiscuous state after MAC change

Rohit Raj (1):
      bus/dpaa: remove redundant file descriptor check

Satha Rao (1):
      net/virtio: fix MAC table update

Shai Brandes (3):
      net/ena: fix bad checksum handling
      net/ena: fix return value check
      net/ena: fix checksum handling

Sivaprasad Tummala (1):
      app/testpmd: fix lcore ID restriction

Stefan Wegrzyn (1):
      net/ice/base: fix pointer to variable outside scope

Stephen Hemminger (11):
      pcapng: add memcpy check
      net/virtio-user: add memcpy check
      net/tap: fix file descriptor check in isolated flow
      event/sw: fix warning from useless snprintf
      net/ixgbe: do not update link status in secondary process
      app/dumpcap: handle SIGTERM and SIGHUP
      app/pdump: handle SIGTERM and SIGHUP
      doc: remove reference to mbuf pkt field
      app/testpmd: cleanup cleanly from signal
      app/testpmd: fix early exit from signal
      app/testpmd: fix interactive mode on Windows

Sunil Kumar Kori (1):
      net/cnxk: fix RSS config

Tyler Retzlaff (3):
      eal/windows: install sched.h file
      latencystats: fix literal float suffix
      common/mlx5: fix unsigned/signed mismatch

Varun Sethi (1):
      common/dpaax/caamflib: fix PDCP AES-AES watchdog error

Venkat Kumar Ande (11):
      net/axgbe: fix MDIO access for non-zero ports and CL45 PHYs
      net/axgbe: reset link when link never comes back
      net/axgbe: fix fluctuations for 1G Bel Fuse SFP
      net/axgbe: update DMA coherency values
      net/axgbe: disable interrupts during device removal
      net/axgbe: fix SFP codes check for DAC cables
      net/axgbe: fix connection for SFP+ active cables
      net/axgbe: check only minimum speed for cables
      net/axgbe: fix Tx flow on 30H HW
      net/axgbe: delay AN timeout during KR training
      net/axgbe: fix linkup in PHY status

Vladimir Medvedkin (2):
      net/ice: fix memory leaks in raw pattern parsing
      net/ice: fix return value for raw pattern parsing

Waldemar Dworakowski (1):
      net/ice/base: fix board type definition

Wenwu Ma (2):
      dmadev: fix structure alignment
      dma/idxd: fix setup with Ubuntu 24.04

Yahui Cao (1):
      net/ice/base: fix masking when reading context

Yingming Mao (1):
      doc: fix mbuf flags

Zerun Fu (2):
      bus/pci: fix UIO resource mapping in secondary process
      bus/pci: fix FD in secondary process

Zhichao Zeng (2):
      telemetry: fix connection parameter parsing
      net/ice/base: fix temporary failures reading NVM

* RE: 21.11.8 patches review and test
@ 2024-09-05 13:29 ` Ali Alnubani
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Ali Alnubani @ 2024-09-05 13:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kevin Traynor, stable
  Cc: dev, Abhishek Marathe, David Christensen, Hemant Agrawal,
	Ian Stokes, Jerin Jacob, John McNamara, Ju-Hyoung Lee,
	Luca Boccassi, Pei Zhang, Raslan Darawsheh,
	NBU-Contact-Thomas Monjalon (EXTERNAL),
	yanghliu

Hi Kevin,

I see this build failure in Debian 12 and Fedora 40:

$ meson --werror --buildtype=debugoptimized build && ninja -C build
[..]
drivers/net/softnic/rte_eth_softnic_meter.c:916:25: error: 's' may be used uninitialized [-Werror=maybe-uninitialized]

Will update with the rest of our functional testing later during the next couple of weeks.

Regards,
Ali

* Re: 21.11.8 patches review and test
@ 2024-09-05 14:02   ` Kevin Traynor
From: Kevin Traynor @ 2024-09-05 14:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ali Alnubani, stable
  Cc: dev, Abhishek Marathe, David Christensen, Hemant Agrawal,

On 05/09/2024 14:29, Ali Alnubani wrote:
> [...]

ok, thanks. I will check it out.
Kevin.

* Re: 21.11.8 patches review and test
@ 2024-09-06  9:53     ` Kevin Traynor
From: Kevin Traynor @ 2024-09-06  9:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ali Alnubani, stable
  Cc: dev, Abhishek Marathe, David Christensen, Hemant Agrawal,

On 05/09/2024 15:02, Kevin Traynor wrote:
> On 05/09/2024 14:29, Ali Alnubani wrote:

Hi Ali,

It looks like a false positive, as the stats [0] are initialised in
mtr_stats_convert() before they are used. The code is unchanged since
the last release so probably it's compiler/distro change for this release.

I've built with this meson command using latest gcc and clang on a F40
and not seeing this issue [1].

Are you using same compiler versions ? Any other details needed to
reproduce ?

thanks,
Kevin.

[0]
https://git.dpdk.org/dpdk-stable/tree/drivers/net/softnic/rte_eth_softnic_meter.c?h=21.11#n906

[1]
$ clang --version
clang version 18.1.6 (Fedora 18.1.6-3.fc40)
$ gcc --version
gcc (GCC) 14.2.1 20240801 (Red Hat 14.2.1-1)

commit 680818068d31764357075cde440232ce5ab8b786 (HEAD -> 21.11, tag:
v21.11.8-rc1, origin/21.11)
Author: Kevin Traynor <ktraynor@redhat.com>
Date:   Thu Sep 5 10:34:16 2024 +0100

    version: 21.11.8-rc1

e.g.
$ meson --werror --buildtype=debugoptimized build-gcc
$ ninja -C build-gcc
ninja: Entering directory `build-gcc'
[3071/3071] Linking target app/test/dpdk-test

@ 2024-09-10 19:12       ` Ali Alnubani
From: Ali Alnubani @ 2024-09-10 19:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kevin Traynor, stable
  Cc: dev, Abhishek Marathe, David Christensen, Hemant Agrawal,
	Ian Stokes, Jerin Jacob, John McNamara, Ju-Hyoung Lee,
	Luca Boccassi, Pei Zhang, Raslan Darawsheh,
	NBU-Contact-Thomas Monjalon (EXTERNAL),
	yanghliu

Hi Kevin, apologies for the late response,

The build failure doesn't reproduce for me on some environments either.
I tried to compare the log of 2 builds (one that reproduced, and one that didn't), and the only difference I saw was related to AVX512 support.

Build passed on an AMD EPYC 7713 system (3rd Gen EPYC, no AVX512 support):
[..]
Fetching value of define "__AVX512BW__" : (undefined)
Fetching value of define "__AVX512CD__" : (undefined)
Fetching value of define "__AVX512DQ__" : (undefined)
Fetching value of define "__AVX512F__" : (undefined)
Fetching value of define "__AVX512VL__" : (undefined)
[..]

Build failed on an AMD EPYC 9654P system (4th Gen EPYC, has AVX512 support):
[..]
Fetching value of define "__AVX512BW__" : 1
Fetching value of define "__AVX512CD__" : 1
Fetching value of define "__AVX512DQ__" : 1
Fetching value of define "__AVX512F__" : 1
Fetching value of define "__AVX512VL__" : 1
[..]

The build failure doesn't reproduce for me on 22.11 and newer versions.

Regards,
Ali

* Re: 21.11.8 patches review and test
@ 2024-09-11 12:19         ` Kevin Traynor
From: Kevin Traynor @ 2024-09-11 12:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ali Alnubani, stable
  Cc: dev, Abhishek Marathe, Hemant Agrawal, Ian Stokes, Jerin Jacob,
	John McNamara, Ju-Hyoung Lee, Luca Boccassi, Pei Zhang,
	Raslan Darawsheh, NBU-Contact-Thomas Monjalon (EXTERNAL),
	yanghliu

On 10/09/2024 20:12, Ali Alnubani wrote:
> [...]

Yes, that function is not present in later versions. I don't have easy
access to an AVX512 enabled system but it should be a simple fix.

Would you be able to try with the below ?

--- a/drivers/net/softnic/rte_eth_softnic_meter.c
+++ b/drivers/net/softnic/rte_eth_softnic_meter.c
@@ -904,5 +904,5 @@ pmd_mtr_stats_read(struct rte_eth_dev *dev,
        /* Stats format conversion. */
        if (stats || stats_mask) {
-               struct rte_mtr_stats s;
+               struct rte_mtr_stats s = {0};
                uint64_t s_mask = 0;

@ 2024-09-11 13:10           ` Ali Alnubani
From: Ali Alnubani @ 2024-09-11 13:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kevin Traynor, stable
  Cc: dev, Abhishek Marathe, Hemant Agrawal, Ian Stokes, Jerin Jacob,
	John McNamara, Ju-Hyoung Lee, Luca Boccassi, Pei Zhang,
	Raslan Darawsheh, NBU-Contact-Thomas Monjalon (EXTERNAL),
	yanghliu

Build passes with this change, thanks!

Regards,
Ali

* Re: 21.11.8 patches review and test
@ 2024-09-13  8:46 ` Yanghang Liu
From: Yanghang Liu @ 2024-09-13  8:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kevin Traynor
  Cc: stable, dev, Abhishek Marathe, Ali Alnubani, David Christensen,
	Hemant Agrawal, Ian Stokes, Jerin Jacob, John McNamara,
	Ju-Hyoung Lee, Luca Boccassi, Pei Zhang, Raslan Darawsheh,
	Thomas Monjalon, Chao Yang

RedHat QE tested below 18 scenarios on RHEL 9.4 and didn't find any new
dpdk issues.

   - VM with device assignment(PF) throughput testing(1G hugepage size):
   PASS
   - VM with device assignment(PF) throughput testing(2M hugepage size) :
   PASS
   - VM with device assignment(VF) throughput testing: PASS
   - PVP (host dpdk testpmd as vswitch) 1Q: throughput testing: PASS
   - PVP vhost-user 2Q throughput testing: PASS
   - PVP vhost-user 1Q - cross numa node throughput testing: PASS
   - VM with vhost-user 2 queues throughput testing: PASS
   - vhost-user reconnect with dpdk-client, qemu-server qemu reconnect: PASS
   - vhost-user reconnect with dpdk-client, qemu-server ovs reconnect: PASS
   - PVP  reconnect with dpdk-client, qemu-server: PASS
   - PVP 1Q live migration testing: PASS
   - PVP 1Q cross numa node live migration testing: PASS
   - VM with ovs+dpdk+vhost-user 1Q live migration testing: PASS
   - VM with ovs+dpdk+vhost-user 1Q live migration testing (2M hugepage
   size): PASS
   - VM with ovs+dpdk+vhost-user 2Q live migration testing: PASS
   - VM with ovs+dpdk+vhost-user 4Q live migration testing: PASS
   - Host PF + DPDK testing: PASS
   - Host VF + DPDK testing: PASS

Test Versions:

   - qemu-kvm-8.2.0
   - kernel 5.14
   - libvirt 10.0
   - openvswitch 3.2
   - git log

               commit 680818068d31764357075cde440232ce5ab8b786
               Author: Kevin Traynor <ktraynor@redhat.com>
               Date:   Thu Sep 5 10:34:16 2024 +0100
               version: 21.11.8-rc1
               Signed-off-by: Kevin Traynor <ktraynor@redhat.com>

Test device : X540-AT2 NIC(ixgbe, 10G)

Tested-by: Yanghang Liu <yanghliu@redhat.com>

@ 2024-09-13 10:03 ` Xu, HailinX
From: Xu, HailinX @ 2024-09-13 10:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kevin Traynor, stable
  Cc: dev, Abhishek Marathe, Ali Alnubani, David Christensen,
	Hemant Agrawal, Stokes, Ian, Jerin Jacob, Mcnamara, John,
	Ju-Hyoung Lee, Luca Boccassi, Pei Zhang, Raslan Darawsheh,
	Thomas Monjalon, yanghliu

Update the test status for Intel part. completed dpdk21.11.8-rc1 all validation, Found one new issue.

issue:
    Bug 1542 - [dpdk21.11.8-rc1] meson build failed on Ubuntu24.04 and Fedora40

# Basic Intel(R) NIC testing
* Build & CFLAG compile: cover the build test combination with latest GCC/Clang version and the popular OS revision such as
  Ubuntu22.04, Ubuntu24.04, Fedora40, RHEL9.3, RHEL9.4, FreeBSD14.0, CBL-Mariner2.0, SUSE15, OpenAnolis8.8 etc. -> one new issue is found
- All test done. No new dpdk issue is found.
* PF(i40e, ixgbe): test scenarios including RTE_FLOW/TSO/Jumboframe/checksum offload/VLAN/VXLAN, etc.
- All test done. No new dpdk issue is found.
* VF(i40e, ixgbe): test scenarios including VF-RTE_FLOW/TSO/Jumboframe/checksum offload/VLAN/VXLAN, etc.
- All test done. No new dpdk issue is found.
* PF/VF(ice): test scenarios including Switch features/Package Management/Flow Director/Advanced Tx/Advanced RSS/ACL/DCF/Flexible Descriptor, etc.
- All test done. No new dpdk issue is found.
* Intel NIC single core/NIC performance: test scenarios including PF/VF single core performance test, etc.
- All test done. No new dpdk issue is found.
* IPsec: test scenarios including ipsec/ipsec-gw/ipsec library basic test - QAT&SW/FIB library, etc.
- All test done. No new dpdk issue is found.

# Basic cryptodev and virtio testing
* Virtio: both function and performance test are covered. Such as PVP/Virtio_loopback/virtio-user loopback/virtio-net VM2VM perf testing/VMAWARE ESXI 8.0, etc.
- All test done. No new dpdk issue is found.
* Cryptodev:
  *Function test: test scenarios including Cryptodev API testing/CompressDev ISA-L/QAT/ZLIB PMD Testing/FIPS, etc.
    - All test done. No new dpdk issue is found.
  *Performance test: test scenarios including Thoughput Performance/Cryptodev Latency, etc.
    - All test done. No new dpdk issue is found.

Regards,
Xu, Hailin

@ 2024-09-17 16:13             ` Kevin Traynor
From: Kevin Traynor @ 2024-09-17 16:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ali Alnubani, stable
  Cc: dev, Abhishek Marathe, Hemant Agrawal, Ian Stokes, Jerin Jacob,

On 11/09/2024 14:10, Ali Alnubani wrote:
> [...]

Unfortunately gcc on RHEL/CentOS 7, doesn't like this with -Wextra,
according to godbolt. I'm just going to fix with an explicit memset [0],
so we don't go in circles with compiler versions/options.

Regarding other validation, is there any update on status or ETA ?

thanks,
Kevin.

[0]
--- a/drivers/net/softnic/rte_eth_softnic_meter.c
+++ b/drivers/net/softnic/rte_eth_softnic_meter.c
@@ -907,4 +907,5 @@ pmd_mtr_stats_read(struct rte_eth_dev *dev,
                uint64_t s_mask = 0;

+               memset(&s, 0, sizeof(s));
                mtr_stats_convert(p,
                        m,

@ 2024-09-17 16:21               ` Ali Alnubani
From: Ali Alnubani @ 2024-09-17 16:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kevin Traynor, stable
  Cc: dev, Abhishek Marathe, Hemant Agrawal, Ian Stokes, Jerin Jacob,
	John McNamara, Ju-Hyoung Lee, Luca Boccassi, Pei Zhang,
	Raslan Darawsheh, NBU-Contact-Thomas Monjalon (EXTERNAL),
	yanghliu

Apologies for the delay, it was due to PTO and recent holidays.
No new issues so far. I was planning on sending my report early tomorrow.

Regards,
Ali

* Re: 21.11.8 patches review and test
@ 2024-09-17 16:43                 ` Kevin Traynor
From: Kevin Traynor @ 2024-09-17 16:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ali Alnubani, stable
  Cc: dev, Abhishek Marathe, Hemant Agrawal, Ian Stokes, Jerin Jacob,

On 17/09/2024 17:21, Ali Alnubani wrote:
> [...]

Great, thanks for the update.

> Regards,
> Ali

* RE: 21.11.8 patches review and test
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2024-09-18  7:50 ` Ali Alnubani
From: Ali Alnubani @ 2024-09-18  7:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kevin Traynor, stable
  Cc: dev, Abhishek Marathe, David Christensen, Hemant Agrawal,
	Ian Stokes, Jerin Jacob, John McNamara, Ju-Hyoung Lee,
	Luca Boccassi, Pei Zhang, Raslan Darawsheh,
	NBU-Contact-Thomas Monjalon (EXTERNAL),
	yanghliu

Hello,

We ran the following functional tests with Nvidia hardware on 21.11.8-rc1:
- Basic functionality:
  Send and receive multiple types of traffic.
- testpmd xstats counter test.
- testpmd timestamp test.
- Changing/checking link status through testpmd.
- rte_flow tests (https://doc.dpdk.org/guides/nics/mlx5.html#supported-hardware-offloads)
- RSS tests.
- VLAN filtering, stripping, and insertion tests.
- Checksum and TSO tests.
- ptype tests.
- link_status_interrupt example application tests.
- l3fwd-power example application tests.
- Multi-process example applications tests.
- Hardware LRO tests.
- Buffer Split tests.
- Tx scheduling tests.

Functional tests ran on:
- NIC: ConnectX-6 Dx / OS: Ubuntu 20.04 / Driver: MLNX_OFED_LINUX-24.07-0.6.1.0 / Firmware: 22.42.1000
- NIC: ConnectX-7 / OS: Ubuntu 20.04 / Driver: MLNX_OFED_LINUX-24.07-0.6.1.0 / Firmware: 28.42.1000
- DPU: BlueField-2 / DOCA SW version: 2.8 / Firmware: 24.42.1000

Additionally, we ran build tests with multiple configurations on the following OS/driver combinations (all passed):
- Debian 12 with MLNX_OFED_LINUX-24.07-0.6.1.0.
- Ubuntu 20.04.6 with MLNX_OFED_LINUX-24.07-0.6.1.0.
- Ubuntu 20.04.6 with rdma-core master (dd9c687).
- Ubuntu 20.04.6 with rdma-core v28.0.
- Fedora 40 with rdma-core v48.0.
- Fedora 42 (Rawhide) with rdma-core v51.0.
- OpenSUSE Leap 15.6 with rdma-core v49.1.

We don't see new issues caused by the changes in this release.

Thanks,
Ali

* Re: 21.11.8 patches review and test
@ 2024-09-18 10:33   ` Kevin Traynor
From: Kevin Traynor @ 2024-09-18 10:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ali Alnubani, stable
  Cc: dev, Abhishek Marathe, David Christensen, Hemant Agrawal,

On 18/09/2024 08:50, Ali Alnubani wrote:
> [...]

Thanks Ali for this and your help. I will add to the release notes,
Kevin.