* [dpdk-users] DPDK Pktgen Stats Help
@ 2017-03-01 20:29 Philip Lee
From: Philip Lee @ 2017-03-01 20:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Hi All,

Is there a specific support location for pktgen help? I've tried
posting on the Github page, but am still waiting on replies.

I'm having trouble getting the rate statistics to show up. The DPDK
API rte_eth_stats_get() is used in pktgen.c to get the stats, but the
results are all 0.

The setup are two Netronome NICs connected to each other with DPDK
driver on the one virtual function on each. We do not have Netronome's
OvS software installed on the system, but have their Agilio P4C SDK
RTE installed. The command we use follow as such: ./pktgen -c 0x1f -n
1 -- -m [1:2].0

Pictures + more details can be found here:
https://github.com/pktgen/Pktgen-DPDK/issues/88

Anyone know what could be wrong?

Thanks,

Philip

* Re: [dpdk-users] DPDK Pktgen Stats Help
@ 2017-03-02  7:12 ` Wiles, Keith
From: Wiles, Keith @ 2017-03-02  7:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Philip Lee; +Cc: users

> On Mar 1, 2017, at 2:29 PM, Philip Lee <plee2@andrew.cmu.edu> wrote:
>
> Hi All,
>
> Is there a specific support location for pktgen help? I've tried
> posting on the Github page, but am still waiting on replies.
>
> I'm having trouble getting the rate statistics to show up. The DPDK
> API rte_eth_stats_get() is used in pktgen.c to get the stats, but the
> results are all 0.
>
> The setup are two Netronome NICs connected to each other with DPDK
> driver on the one virtual function on each. We do not have Netronome's
> OvS software installed on the system, but have their Agilio P4C SDK
> RTE installed. The command we use follow as such: ./pktgen -c 0x1f -n
> 1 -- -m [1:2].0

The problem appears to be with the Netronome PMD as the get_stats call just calls in to the PMD to get the stats. I would look in the PMD and see if they support stats gathering. Should be a table in the driver to tell ethdev which function to call. This really is not a Pktgen problem, but a DPDK/Netronome PMD problem.

> Pictures + more details can be found here:
> https://github.com/pktgen/Pktgen-DPDK/issues/88
>
> Anyone know what could be wrong?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Philip