From: Schmid Thomas RUAGH <Thomas.Schmid@ruag.ch>
To: "users@dpdk.org" <users@dpdk.org>
Subject: [dpdk-users] AMD axgbe: Does not recognize link
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2021 09:29:34 +0000

Hi all,

I am working on DPDK on an AMD EPYC 3000 SoC using the internal 4x 10G channels.
Using these channel with the kernel-driver amd-xgbe does work fine, the ethernet link (through 10G FO transceivers, LC duplex cableing to a partner card) is immediately recognized and works.
Using testpmd, with the axgbe PMD, autonegotiation fails, the link is down. Resetting the port  does produce an additional warning about I2C errors reading the SFP.

Has anybody worked with the axgbe PMD ? I have searched this mailing list but could not find a specific post.

I am using DPDK 21.02 as well as 20.11 LTS, but the axgbe PMD seems not to work with either release.

Any input welcome,

Kind regards,

Thomas Schmid
Solutions Engineering
RUAG AG
Schaffhauserstrasse 580<x-apple-data-detectors://0/1>
8052 Zürich - Schweiz<x-apple-data-detectors://0/1>
Tel: +41 79 828 0851<tel:+41%2079%20828%200851>
privacy notices<https://www.ruag.com/privacy>