* [dpdk-users] RSS RETA size of 0 on vmxnet3?
@ 2017-01-27 19:53 Rob Zimmerman
From: Rob Zimmerman @ 2017-01-27 19:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Happy Friday, everyone!

Testing within VMWARE and my device query is showing the following:

RSS Offload
 - reta size: 0
 - IPv4: yes
    - TCP: yes
    - UDP: no
    - SCTP: no
 - IPv6: yes

How exactly does RSS work with a table size of zero? Unless I'm completely
misunderstanding how to use RSS, I thought the redirection table was
instrumental to that process...

FWIW, I'm running the same code on a bare-metal box with Intel I350's
(igb_pmd) and it's showing a RETA size of 128, so I don't think it's my
code showing a junk value.

Thanks!
Rob