* [dpdk-users] Issue :- segmentation fault in rte_eal_wait_lcore.
@ 2020-01-20  7:34 Lalithaditya Naidu Gajula
From: Lalithaditya Naidu Gajula @ 2020-01-20  7:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users, dev

Hi All,
         I got a segmentation fault issue regarding ret_eal_wait_lcore and
rte_eal_mp_wait_lcore(),
when i am running the code in a few logical cores using rte_eal_remote
_launch() function which has a  while (1) (infinite loop) in all the
functions launched by remote launch and when i am terminating the code with
'ctrl+c' i am getting segmentation fault at  rte_eal_mp_wait_lcore(), then
I replaced that with rte_eal_wait_lcore() for the respective logical cores
even then i am getting a segmentation fault, can anyone please clarify this
issue?

* Re: [dpdk-users] [dpdk-dev] Issue :- segmentation fault in rte_eal_wait_lcore.
@ 2020-01-22 10:52 ` Burakov, Anatoly
From: Burakov, Anatoly @ 2020-01-22 10:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lalithaditya Naidu Gajula, users, dev

On 20-Jan-20 7:34 AM, Lalithaditya Naidu Gajula wrote:
> Hi All,
>           I got a segmentation fault issue regarding ret_eal_wait_lcore and
> rte_eal_mp_wait_lcore(),
> when i am running the code in a few logical cores using rte_eal_remote
> _launch() function which has a  while (1) (infinite loop) in all the
> functions launched by remote launch and when i am terminating the code with
> 'ctrl+c' i am getting segmentation fault at  rte_eal_mp_wait_lcore(), then
> I replaced that with rte_eal_wait_lcore() for the respective logical cores
> even then i am getting a segmentation fault, can anyone please clarify this
> issue?

It sounds like you have memory corruption somewhere in your code. Have
you tried looking at it in gdb and stepping through your code to see if
you get any wrong memory accesses?

Anatoly

* Re: [dpdk-users] [dpdk-dev] Issue :- segmentation fault in rte_eal_wait_lcore.
@ 2020-01-22 16:08   ` Stephen Hemminger
From: Stephen Hemminger @ 2020-01-22 16:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Burakov, Anatoly; +Cc: Lalithaditya Naidu Gajula, users, dev

On Wed, 22 Jan 2020 10:52:28 +0000
"Burakov, Anatoly" <anatoly.burakov@intel.com> wrote:

> On 20-Jan-20 7:34 AM, Lalithaditya Naidu Gajula wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >           I got a segmentation fault issue regarding ret_eal_wait_lcore and
> > rte_eal_mp_wait_lcore(),
> > when i am running the code in a few logical cores using rte_eal_remote
> > _launch() function which has a  while (1) (infinite loop) in all the
> > functions launched by remote launch and when i am terminating the code with
> > 'ctrl+c' i am getting segmentation fault at  rte_eal_mp_wait_lcore(), then
> > I replaced that with rte_eal_wait_lcore() for the respective logical cores
> > even then i am getting a segmentation fault, can anyone please clarify this
> > issue?
> >

> It sounds like you have memory corruption somewhere in your code. Have
> you tried looking at it in gdb and stepping through your code to see if
> you get any wrong memory accesses?

It also possible to run DPDK code under valgrind. You do need the right
version of valgrind, and there can be some tuning issues.