* [dpdk-users] TX fails for Intel 550 and 710 PMD on Hyper-V guests
@ 2020-08-19 17:42 Liwu Liu
From: Liwu Liu @ 2020-08-19 17:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Hi Team,
   My DPDK project uses Intel 550 and 710 virtual functions PMD under Windows Hyper-V environment.
   Somehow I found out that the VM guest has TX side failing to send out any frame-I guess Windows host side turns on
Malicious Device Detection feature, for which DPDK PMD's refuse to work with. Though Intel 520 PMD works well.. My questions:

(1)    Has anyone succeeded to drive Intel 550/710 PMD under Hyper-V environment?

(2)    Do we have any way to turn of MDD on Windows host side, or any other walk-around solution?
Many thanks and best regards,
Liwu

***  Please note that this message and any attachments may contain confidential and proprietary material and information and are intended only for the use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, use, disclosure, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message and any attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please immediately notify the sender and destroy this e-mail and any attachments and all copies, whether electronic or printed. Please also note that any views, opinions, conclusions or commitments expressed in this message are those of the individual sender and do not necessarily reflect the views of Fortinet, Inc., its affiliates, and emails are not binding on Fortinet and only a writing manually signed by Fortinet's General Counsel can be a binding commitment of Fortinet to Fortinet's customers or partners. Thank you. ***