* [dpdk-users] using dpdk as a shared library
@ 2020-12-18 22:38 Justin Tallon
From: Justin Tallon @ 2020-12-18 22:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Hey guys,

We are trying to use dpdk (dpdk-stable-18.08.1) as a shared library.

We have recompiled as a shared library by setting
*CONFIG_RTE_BUILD_SHARED_LIB=y*

My program compiles file and I can see the relevant libraries when I use
ldd on the binary.

I direct my binary look in the correct place by using export
LD_LIBRARY_PATH and the binary appears to find the libraries.
However, when the function rte_eth_dev_count_avail returns it returns a 0
and exits, when I run the same program with static libraries, it works
correctly.

Any help on this would be great!

Regards,
Justin