* [dpdk-users] Hyper-threaded cores
@ 2021-04-22  8:19 Szwed, Maciej
From: Szwed, Maciej @ 2021-04-22  8:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Hi,
I'm wondering if there is any way to get information in DPDK which cores are hyper-threaded siblings. I would need that information when I'm using rte_power for changing cores frequencies.

Thanks,
Maciek

* Re: [dpdk-users] Hyper-threaded cores
@ 2021-04-23 16:56 ` Stephen Hemminger
From: Stephen Hemminger @ 2021-04-23 16:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Szwed, Maciej; +Cc: users

On Thu, 22 Apr 2021 08:19:34 +0000
"Szwed, Maciej" <maciej.szwed@intel.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm wondering if there is any way to get information in DPDK which cores are hyper-threaded siblings. I would need that information when I'm using rte_power for changing cores frequencies.
>
> Thanks,
> Maciek

Look at the DPDK cpu-layout script?

* Re: [dpdk-users] Hyper-threaded cores
@ 2021-04-29 10:10   ` Szwed, Maciej
From: Szwed, Maciej @ 2021-04-29 10:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Hemminger; +Cc: users

Thanks Stephen - this is what I was looking for.
One more thing: Is there a chance to put such implementation in rte_power and make an API call for it?

Thanks,
Maciek

@ 2021-04-29 15:21     ` Stephen Hemminger
From: Stephen Hemminger @ 2021-04-29 15:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Szwed, Maciej; +Cc: users

On Thu, 29 Apr 2021 10:10:37 +0000
"Szwed, Maciej" <maciej.szwed@intel.com> wrote:

> Thanks Stephen - this is what I was looking for.
> One more thing: Is there a chance to put such implementation in rte_power and make an API call for it?
>
> Thanks,
> Maciek

The CPU layout is very system, OS and application dependent.
The rte_power library could read the same stuff out of sysfs
but it is not clear what it could do with it.