* [dpdk-users] Integration of DPDK into Bazel
@ 2021-03-09  1:32 Jinkun Geng
From: Jinkun Geng @ 2021-03-09  1:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users, ci

Hi, all.
Since bazel building system is becoming more and more popular, sometimes we need to integrate DPDK library into a bazel project. However, it seems there is no much support for bazel from DPDK community. The only support at https://github.com/bazelment/dpdk has been outdated. Based on our experience, it can only compile successfully with dpdk-16.04 (i.e. the bazel-16.04 branch). Now DPDK has developed to DPDK 21.02, but the bazel support fails to catch up.

It would be great if the experts in DPDK community can provide some portable BUILD files to facilitate the integration of the newest DPDK into bazel project (just like bazelment). After all, writing the bazel files can be really challenging, especially if we do not have a very deep understanding of the whole DPDK codes.

Jinkun