From: Bar Zamir <bar.zamir@catonetworks.com>
To: "users@dpdk.org" <users@dpdk.org>
Subject: [dpdk-users] I40e - vlan packets are dropped when not setting MTU
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2021 08:43:58 +0000

Hey all,

I’m having trouble receiving vlan packets with IP length bigger than 1496 Bytes on i40e driver.

I have seen this thread https://mails.dpdk.org/archives/dev/2019-October/146908.html and indeed, after calling rte_eth_dev_set_mtu with mtu=1500, it works. I don’t understand why I have to use jumbo frames for that. I have tried it with different drivers (ixgbe) and no action beside rte_eth_dev_configure is required.

Using DPDK 16.11.1, but also reproduced on 17.11.3

thanks