From: Aurojit Panda <apanda@cs.berkeley.edu>
To: Panu Matilainen <pmatilai@redhat.com>
Cc: users@dpdk.org
Subject: Re: [dpdk-users] DPDK 16.04 link changes cause PMD drivers to not be loaded
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2016 07:26:05 -0700	[thread overview]

I am sorry that is a bit unintuitive considering:

(a) This behavior differs between static and shared builds of DPDK.
     - In fact this behavior was identical in 2.2, and even in mainline before 948fd64befc3726 went in.
(b) You already know the EAL_PMD_PATH at build time, and it makes it quite hard to ship scripts or anything to build
DPDK, since now the configuration file becomes dependent on location.

I wonder if you would consider changing this, as it stands just building DPDK after setting CONFIG_RTE_SHARED_LIB=y
results in a testpmd that cannot run.

Thanks

Panda