* [dpdk-users] using DPDK on RHEL VM / VMXNET3
@ 2016-09-15  6:50 Kumar Gupta, Rohit (Nokia - IN)
From: Kumar Gupta, Rohit (Nokia - IN) @ 2016-09-15  6:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Hi,
I have a VM with 8 lcores and 2 VMXNET3 devices (eth1 is active and eth0 is non-active)
I can connect to it via telnet only (VM is managed centrally).
I am following the steps outlined in dpdk documentation for Linux.

However, as soon as I bind DPDK to non-active port, I lose my tcp connection to the VM. I am not binding it  to active interface.
Connection is restored when VM restarts.

Can anyone help how I can replace VMXNET3 for non-active port so I can start building my application?

Regards,
Rohit

only message in thread, other threads:[~2016-09-15  6:46 UTC | newest]