From: "Wiles, Keith" <keith.wiles@intel.com>
To: David Aldrich <david.aldrich.ntml@gmail.com>
Cc: users <users@dpdk.org>
Subject: Re: [dpdk-users] Problems building pktgen
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2021 17:27:44 +0000

> On Apr 7, 2021, at 11:44 AM, David Aldrich <david.aldrich.ntml@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi
>
> I am trying to build DPDK PktGen on Centos 7 using gcc 4.8.5, using the
> HEAD revisions of DPDK and pktgen.  The build is failing:
>
> [76/2153] /usr/bin/meson --internal exe --capture lib/ip_frag.sym_chk --
> /data/daldrich/pktgen/dpdk/buildtools/check-symbols.sh
> /data/daldrich/pktgen/dpdk/lib/librte_ip_frag/version.map
> lib/librte_ip_frag.a
> FAILED: lib/ip_frag.sym_chk
> /usr/bin/meson --internal exe --capture lib/ip_frag.sym_chk --
> /data/daldrich/pktgen/dpdk/buildtools/check-symbols.sh
> /data/daldrich/pktgen/dpdk/lib/librte_ip_frag/version.map
> lib/librte_ip_frag.a
> rte_frag_table_del_expired_entries is flagged as experimental
> but is not listed in version map
> Please add rte_frag_table_del_expired_entries to the version map
>
> Are the "Please add xxxx to the version map" messages errors or just
> warnings?
>
> I have put a longer version of this question on StackOverflow, which I
> would be grateful if anyone could take a look at:
>
> Problems building DPDK PktGen - Stack Overflow
> <https://stackoverflow.com/questions/66986775/problems-building-dpdk-pktgen>
> <https://stackoverflow.com/questions/66986775/problems-building-dpdk-pktgen>
> Best regards
> David

I answered your post on Stack Overflow, but it is not normally were I look for Pktgen related questions.

The short answer is the errors appear to be from DPDK not having experimental APIs enabled, but I could be wrong.

Let me know if you can not get it working with the step I provided, the problem will be I do not build Pktgen on CentOS.