* [dpdk-users] another fix to LACP mempool size
@ 2017-06-29 12:11 Alex Kiselev
From: Alex Kiselev @ 2017-06-29 12:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users; +Cc: declan.doherty, pablo.de.lara.guarch, olivier.matz

>I am facing another issue with LACP LAG port.
>
>Jun 29 13:24:40 h4 the_router[24361]: PMD: Failed to allocate LACP
>packet from pool
>
>There are thousands of such messages in the syslog.
>Alex Kiselev

It looks like It is the same issue that was descovered
here http://dpdk.org/ml/archives/dev/2016-November/049971.html

Was there reasons not to include that patch into the main code?

Alex Kiselev

* Re: [dpdk-users] another fix to LACP mempool size
@ 2017-06-29 16:57 ` Declan Doherty
From: Declan Doherty @ 2017-06-29 16:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alex Kiselev, users; +Cc: pablo.de.lara.guarch, olivier.matz

On 29/06/17 13:11, Alex Kiselev wrote:
>> I am facing another issue with LACP LAG port.
>>
>> Jun 29 13:24:40 h4 the_router[24361]: PMD: Failed to allocate LACP
>> packet from pool
>>
>> There are thousands of such messages in the syslog.
>> Alex Kiselev
>
> It looks like It is the same issue that was descovered
> here http://dpdk.org/ml/archives/dev/2016-November/049971.html
>
> Was there reasons not to include that patch into the main code?

It looks like this slipped through the cracks on me, I think there was
issues with another patch in that patchset at the time. I'll look at
doing a rebase of this patch and the other one in that series
(http://dpdk.org/dev/patchwork/patch/15093/) which has a fix for
configuration propagation and re-post to the mailing list asap.