From: Anupam Kapoor <anupam.kapoor@gmail.com>
To: amartya.das@wipro.com
Cc: anupam.kapoor@gmail.com, users@dpdk.org
Subject: Re: [dpdk-users] [dpdk-dev]  [Crypto-API query]
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2016 15:14:35 +0530	[thread overview]

moved the discussion to dpdk-users (from dpdk-dev)

,----[ amartya.das ]
| But getting same error:
|    <elided a bunch of stuff>
| Not sure about the problem, any path setting wrong so that it is not fetching?
`----
couple of things:

       - assuming standard build paths, can you please check if
         'CONFIG_RTE_LIBRTE_PMD_AESNI_MB=y' in your, build/.config ?

       - if it is, then see if you have bunch of object files in
            <RTE_SDK>build/build/drivers/crypto/aesni_mb
         for example, for me i see a bunch of files:
             -rw-rw-r-- 1 anupam anupam 26068 Jun 28 14:28 librte_pmd_aesni_mb.a
             -rw-rw-r-- 1 anupam anupam     0 Jun 28 14:28 _postbuild
             -rw-rw-r-- 1 anupam anupam     0 Jun 28 14:28 _postinstall
             -rw-rw-r-- 1 anupam anupam 15192 Jun 28 14:28 rte_aesni_mb_pmd.o
             -rw-rw-r-- 1 anupam anupam 10456 Jun 28 14:28 rte_aesni_mb_pmd_ops.o

      - if you see this as well, then, while building the l2fwd-crypto
        application, make sure that you have
        'AESNI_MULTI_BUFFER_LIB_PATH' pointing to the correct place.

      - if this is also true, then check and see if your application
        contains aes.*pmd symbols e.g.
           objdump -t build/l2fwd-crypto | grep 'aes.*pmd'

      - if this gives you something useful, then you are almost there :)
        running the application e.g. like so:
                [root@perf3 dpdk-sources]# examples/l2fwd-crypto/build/app/l2fwd-crypto -c 0xc -n 3 --vdev="cryptodev_aesni_mb_pmd,socket_id=0,max_nb_sessions=128"
        starts doing something sane...

couple of minor things:
      - after building the crypto-multi-buffer support make sure to run
        the tests as well in 'LibTestApp'

        if you are running on vcpu's this would most likely fail (no avx
        support)

      - please note thtat 'socket_id' in the dpdk-cryptodev page is set
        to '1'

--
thanks
anupam